Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Vic problems

Vortavious
01-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Hello all. New here to the forums. I bought a 95 Vic P71 a few months ago. It has high miles around 190,000, but seems to run good. The problem i've had since getting it, is that it has a vibration and lunging problem. Its very strange to me so I thought I would see what you peeps think. When im driving, the car shifts just fine but at times right as it shift I can feel a slight vibration and it almost feels as though its coming from rear of car and you can even hear the vibration slightly. If im maintaining a constant speed of 45 mph whether I have it in overdrive or not and I give it gas, it has a vibration unless I either let off the gas or push the gas a little harder then it quits the vibration until I do it again. It also does this at 55 also in overdrive of course. The other thing the car does is when I slow down to make a turn onto another street for instance, I turn and the car wants to sort of lung as though the feeling you get when you run out of gas or when a manual transmission car is in the wrong gear. You can ease off the gas a little and it will continue to run fine building up speed or you can press down the gas and it takes right off like its shot out a cannon. I also have this problem when I try to come up my drive way on the hill. I can turn to come up my hill and the car lunges unless I let off or get on the gas. On a very steep hill on a turn, it will almost just shut off. Its very strange indeed, maybe a mixture of problems? I dont want to get rid of this car, but I refuse to put another trans in her. I would rather go through the headache of putting a Chevy 350 and trans in her. Please help.

jdl
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Are there any trouble codes? I looked at some TSBs on your vehicle, that talked about torque converter shudder, I'm not sure if that is what you have?

Happens under lite accell above 35 mph, from 3 to 4 shift or 4 to 3 shift. If the vibration happens only in first or second, or when the brakes are applied, then it is not torque converter shudder. This applies to AODE or 4R70W.

The info listed several things that might be confused with torque converter vibration. They listed axle joints--motor mounts, and the usual tune-up stuff. fuel and spark problems.

One TSB said dirty tranns fluid might cause that shudder. I'm not sure what you have going on. Good luck with that.

Add your comment to this topic!