Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

attempted theft, temp fix for passlock bypass

h0ndavtec
01-26-2007, 06:40 PM
someone tried to steal my uncles supercharged riveria. ithey dident get it but now the ingition is all busted up and we cant move it. i been reading all the passlock bypass threads and i havent found a solution. i do have an old dei 555l from my remote starter from my 00 impala. i am trying to figure out a way to rig it up so that we can get this car running until he has the money to go to the dealer. the must of kinda know what they where doing cuz the left the plastic ring pary with the little wires all intact. my trying to be mcgiver disconnected the wires ( this was before i read the passlock pybass threads). i have the key and can slide it into the part of the ingition with the clean plastic on the back with the little wires comming out if this. is that the part that the transponder reads the key? if i connect tohse little wires back will i be able to lean the thigie for the 555l?

i know i am lost as hell

h0ndavtec
01-26-2007, 06:51 PM
i forgot to mention that its a 1997

h0ndavtec
01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
ok the more info i look up the more i find out. i guess the riveria has the vats system up till 99 so i wont need the 555l i can do the risitor trick. to bad i dont have a multimeter.

96riviera18
01-26-2007, 10:41 PM
a multi is only like $20. each car has a different resistance so you'll need to get one. read the key chip and wire in the resistor.

h0ndavtec
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
i have the key and i was able to test it with my buddys multimeter and i got a 5.99 with the selector on 20k. i do have my own multimeter buy the leads where stolen in my small tool box. so i went to sears today and brought new leads that are supposed to work with craftmen multimeters, well they dont fit. i also went to raido shack to buy a multipack or resistors. now i am just trying to figure out the easiest way to get to 5.99 or from the chart key # 12 6.040

Add your comment to this topic!