Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I Need Help!

rock0134
01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Well you know ive been having a problem since i installed my front mount intercooler. I had the 1g bov mounted on the flange and was havin problems with it opening at near full boost (14psi). It was sputtering open and shut which was causing sputtering. I got help from here and said it was probly the bov not being able to hold the boost. I then put a greddy type rs on praying that it would fix the problem... and wouldnt ya know when i took it for a drive today, it is still sputtering the same, no matter how hard i turn the dial on the bov. I know there is no other boost leaks because i did a pressurized smoke test and when the pressure went from 13 to 14, the bov opened and it poured out smoke. I really do not know what to do, I didnt mess anything up on the install (very easy) so i cant think of why the bov is getting a signal to open early. Please help me!!!!

gthompson97
01-26-2007, 06:11 PM
That's extremely fucked up. Maybe the boost gauge is reading wrong so it's telling you 14 but may actually be 30? I don't know, just a wild guess.

northendtrooper
01-26-2007, 07:00 PM
ok this happened to my friend.
boost creep. it may not be registering on the gauge but i can say it is boost creep. do you have a 3inch exhaust off your o2 housing? is so i'm sure thats it. to fix that problem is either you downsize your exhaust or drop in a 50 trim to eliminate it.

gthompson97
01-26-2007, 10:00 PM
ok this happened to my friend.
boost creep. it may not be registering on the gauge but i can say it is boost creep. do you have a 3inch exhaust off your o2 housing? is so i'm sure thats it. to fix that problem is either you downsize your exhaust or drop in a 50 trim to eliminate it.

Are you fucking retarded? You don't "downsize" your exhaust, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, nor do you "drop in a 50 trim." Know your shit before you start posting buddy. If it was boost creep, you port the 02 housing, that cures 99.9% of boost creep.

GSX RIDER, are you sure the boost gauge is connected properly and/or there are no kinked lines? That' what I'd check first.

northendtrooper
01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
[quote=gthompson97]Are you fucking retarded? You don't "downsize" your exhaust, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, nor do you "drop in a 50 trim." Know your shit before you start posting buddy. If it was boost creep, you port the 02 housing, that cures 99.9% of boost creep. [quote]

uh 1st of all. eat me. 2nd of all i know a guy whos been into DSM for 14 years and were good friends, whos talon runs 9 sec in 1/4 shooting for low 9s high 8. ok back to my point. he say and i agree. that having a evo16g w/ 3 inch exhaust is the main cause along w/ an egay intercooler. so either you downsize, 50 trim, or buy a real intercooler. so again eat me.:wink:
also downsizing was a suggestion asswipe.

rock0134
01-27-2007, 02:30 AM
ok, theres how many people running ebay intercoolers, an intercooler is an intercooler theres nothing complex about it. I changed nothing when doing the install, i took off the old intercooler and piping and put the new shit on. Thats it. I dont know why the hell it would be doing this, it was running perfect before the install.

Blackcrow64
01-27-2007, 10:57 AM
uh 1st of all. eat me. 2nd of all i know a guy whos been into DSM for 14 years and were good friends, whos talon runs 9 sec in 1/4 shooting for low 9s high 8. ok back to my point. he say and i agree. that having a evo16g w/ 3 inch exhaust is the main cause along w/ an egay intercooler. so either you downsize, 50 trim, or buy a real intercooler. so again eat me.:wink:
Cut this shit out or I'll ban you. :nono:

Your so fucking stupid and wrong. Don't post shit like this again. Downgrading to a smaller exhaust causes more backpressure which causes more boost creep. If your friend agrees then he is a damn retard also and doesn't know his shit like you think he does. :disappoin

gthompson97
01-27-2007, 12:33 PM

Does "your boy" have any proof of his 9 sec talon? Because I would like to it. If he's been into them for 14 years that means he must be pretty damn good and must have some info. Until I see otherwise, I'm going to continue to think your a damn retarded bitch ass punk that thinks he knows what he's talking about, along with everyone else here. I'd love for you to prove me wrong, please, I'm begging you.

I have 4 of these cars buddy, and never ONCE have I heard of downsizing exhaust or "dropping" in a bigger turbo to eliminate boost creep. I know TONS of people running an E316g with 3in and have no problems with boost creep, do you even know what causes boost creep? And you think "eGay" intercoolers are shit? Well tell your buddy to go get his $21343 Greddy intercooler, and I'll take an "eGay" intercooler and we'll do some testing. I'd put $1000 down that the "eGay" intercooler would perform almost identical to your extremely over-priced Greddy POS.

You come around here talkin big boy, especially for not knowing much of these cars and spreading useless information. Most of us have been here longer than you'd realize and have dealt with any and every problem imaginable, so until you get to that point, please shut the fuck up.

northendtrooper
01-27-2007, 07:32 PM
you want proof. here you go.
http://dsmtuners.com/forums/member.php?u=10212
and if you guys can't suggestions. then fuck you.
bye.

gthompson97
01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Suggestions? Those weren't suggestions. You can't suggest something that you don't know what you're talking about. And thank you for proving me wrong, I enjoyed that. :thumbsup:

Talon69
01-27-2007, 10:39 PM
umm not to go against no one here, but i have bad boost creep and i am running a evo 3 big 16g, i was told one way to get rid of it was to get rid of my 3 inch down pipe and go with a 2 1/2 or get bigger injectors like im doing and be done with it. 1000cc to control fuel better since my 510cc just do not cut it lol (buy once and never worry agian) And this came from the dsmlink forum.

Im just stating what i was told. Not here to take sides.

EDIT* There is nothing wrong with ebay Intercoolers!!! They work wonders also evil eagle i have seen alot of, are you really sure he is your friend? or just bullshiting? I have seen alot of videos of this car.

Blackcrow64
01-27-2007, 11:47 PM
If he is so against running 3 inch exhausts then what the hell is this doing on his mod list?

~exhaust~ full 3" turbo back with magnuflow muffler (no cat)

Contradictions... :disappoin

and if you guys can't suggestions. then fuck you.
Oh and by the way, that had better of not been towards me. I will not tolerate shit like this from anybody. :disappoin

gthompson97
01-28-2007, 02:50 AM
umm not to go against no one here, but i have bad boost creep and i am running a evo 3 big 16g, i was told one way to get rid of it was to get rid of my 3 inch down pipe and go with a 2 1/2 or get bigger injectors like im doing and be done with it. 1000cc to control fuel better since my 510cc just do not cut it lol (buy once and never worry agian) And this came from the dsmlink forum.

Have you ported the o2 housing yet? That usually fixes 99% of boost creep.

Talon69
01-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Have you ported the o2 housing yet? That usually fixes 99% of boost creep.

Yeah i ported it out, and it it still pretty bad. So im not gonna worry about it, i am just going to install my new fuel system in the spring and no more problems. With what i have for now i cannot advance fuel enough with DSMLINK to dampen the problem.

northendtrooper
01-28-2007, 07:53 PM
They work wonders also evil eagle i have seen alot of, are you really sure he is your friend? or just bullshiting? I have seen alot of videos of this car.
yeah hes a cool man and easy to get along w/
he's is also the guy putting in a stage 1 6 bolt motor for me.:naughty:
hopefully w/ that motor and my 750cc and link w/ FMIC, i can shoot for mid 12s on a 14b.

NOFX0617
01-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Well back to the topic of the thread. It sounds like it could be a vacuum problem. Have you tried turning the boost down to see if it does the same thing.

rock0134
01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Thats kindof the only thing that i could possibly think could be wrong... I put a new vac hose on from the intake manifold to the bov which had a little smaller diameter than the stock one. People told me on here that wouldnt have an affect on anything tho... but im gonna try turning hte boost down as soon as the streets get cleareed again it just snowed like an inch.

rock0134
01-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Could it be the vac line???????

gthompson97
01-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Try it out and see, a vacuum line will be like $1.00 max, so it's not like a waste of money if it doesn't fix it.

Add your comment to this topic!