1997 pa both front windows go down slow

tntspeed16
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I have a 97 park avenue and both front windows go down about 3" or so and then slow way down to almost a stop. It doesn't matter what switch is used for the passenger side. When you give them a little help get past a certain point, they go down fine. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

HondaManDan
01-26-2007, 11:32 AM
It sounds like your motors have a weak spot in them... either that or your tracks are rusty and as soon as your window goes down to a certain point... the rust becomes an issue.

I'd take the door pannel off and take a peek into the door. Run the window up and down a couple times with the pannel off to see if you can see what's causing the problem.

Have a good-quality spray-lube on-hand so that you can spray all the slides, hinges, and pretty much anything that moves to see if that helps.

Good luck!

Bassasasin
01-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Also of thought... I think the wiring has a chance to be problematic.
If there is a bad connection the resistance in the bad connection drops the voltage and current available to the motors.

Does the passenger window work from the passenger switch well.
OR If you switch both passenger and driver switch at the same time for the passenger window does it work better..

If you get the same result.. proubbly your back to gearing, tracks and lubrication. Often the rubber hardens and creates resistance or the track looses its rubber/plastic guide and grease hardens and needs cleaning and regreasing with proubbly a Lithium all weather grease.
I have found white Garage door grease often is in this catagory.

At the least its in your favor not to have to buy parts.

Good Luck

Loekee75
01-26-2007, 02:19 PM
What does your battery gage read while you roll them down? Do you see a drop in voltage?

Supergumby
01-26-2007, 06:26 PM
My '98 was doing the exact same thing a few weeks ago.

I took some spray silicone and, with the window down, soaked the side tracks. Then I raised and lowered them a few times, and 'voila.....good as new!

The silicone spray leaves no residue.

Greg5150
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I have same problem with my 1997 and it only happens when it rains. The window motors have not failed from this condition.

Bassasasin
02-03-2007, 02:07 PM
:grinyes:What does your battery gage read while you roll them down? Do you see a drop in voltage?

Great Question.. !!!:rofl: That way you would know if its wiring or a gearing/track resistance problem..

GREAT Question.

Good Luck

dksram
02-05-2007, 09:26 AM
My 97' does it too.Sounds like squeaking rubber????? hummm:banghead:
It does it during rain and cold weather.Summer time or warmer weather seems to have no problem.Unless it rains.LOL or a carwashing.
I'll try and suggest the lubrication of all moving parts and the rubber.:popcorn:
Let me know if anyone knows for sure.:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!