Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i bought skunk2 coilovers sleeves and i need help?

Civicmerek
01-25-2007, 11:34 PM
i dont know what eles i need to make my ride more comfortable.its a 1995 civic and its lowered already with some springs on it, but its really uncomfortble, what do i else do i need, im also on a tight budget thanks

chivid
01-26-2007, 12:03 AM
the skunk2 springs or coilovers are one of the stiffest ride out there so theres not much you can do. unless you sell them and get some Tein coilovers with adj shocks. pretty smooth ride on my car for a lowered 90 hatchback. i have about 2 1/2-3inch drop on my car with Tein pillow mounts in the front, skunk2 lower control arms in the rear and upper front/rear strut bars. it got bouncier with the skunk2 lower control arms but it handles good.

Civicmerek
01-26-2007, 01:30 AM
how much did that all cost you? i wast told by a couple of people that i need to buy shocks and struts to make it a smooth ride

chivid
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
i spend almost a $1000 on the Tein SS Coilovers from Robearracing.com, $170 on Tein pillow mounts for the front from inlinefour.com and $189 on Skunk2 lower control arms from EBay. But since your going for comfort i would recommend just getting the Tein SS, the pillow mounts make it bouncier since it gets rid of the bushing on top of the spring so theres no comfort in that but it handles better. also the skunk2 lower control arm which made my ride hella stiff now. when i first got my tein coilovers it was such a smooth ride before i added the pillow mounts and lwr control arms. i highly recommend getting the Tein coilovers. u can adjust the height of the spring and the comfort of the shocks. something i didn't regret buying. i had a friend who had skunk coilovers and hes ride was stiff as hell and thats what people say from their experience of having them.

Add your comment to this topic!