Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

bonds skin instantly........

magicmanjk808
09-27-2002, 07:59 PM
i always wondered how fast bonds skin instantly was. i never thought it could possibly be instantly. maybe 5 or 6 seconds. well, today, i found out they were serious when they say instantly.:bloated:

daggerlee
09-27-2002, 08:28 PM
Cyanoacrylate glue was developed during the Vietnam War as a way for war surgeons to quickly bond together lacerated skin for healing.

Some quick notes:
1.) Acetone will do a somewhat good job of unsticking skin
2.) It works best on porous surfaces
3.) It works best on humid days, since the reaction draws water molecules from the surrounding air.
4.) There exists a cyanoacrylate accelerator, known as "kicker", that will cause it to form bonds instantaneously, available from Testors or some other modeling company.

SilverLotus340R
09-27-2002, 10:06 PM
that reminds me of the time from 8th grade ( 2 years ago)

we were building things in some technology class and some kid goes..im gonna use SuperGlue to hold this together..

sure enough he does...

but then he went to pick it up..and he had DRENCHED this thing with superglue..it was covered...well it stuck to his hand...a plastic part stuck to his hand...then he went to pick up the bottle of glue and it spilled on his hand..and he hit himself in the face..

sure enough...it stuck..they had to take him to the hospital and removed 2 layers of skin

damn that was a funny class...

ae86_takumi
09-27-2002, 10:23 PM
yup. a kid in my neighborhood when i was about 10 yrs old got super glue. we've never seen it b4 so the kid was bragging about how quickly it bonds plastics etc. to prove his point he squeezed good amount of that glue on his five fingers and sure enough bonded instantly.
he went home crying and later heard he had to go to hospital to separate his fingers with surgical knife. no doubt that they had to cut through his skin... :silly2:

flyonthewall
09-28-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by magicmanjk808
i always wondered how fast bonds skin instantly was. i never thought it could possibly be instantly. maybe 5 or 6 seconds. well, today, i found out they were serious when they say instantly.:bloated:

Anything like the scene in American Pie 2???????:D :D :D :eek:

magicmanjk808
09-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by flyonthewall

Anything like the scene in American Pie 2???????:D :D :D :eek:

dang, i got caught.:rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!