Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Another climate control question

Divorce Court Dan
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
95 PA. From reading several posts on this situation, the passenger actuator is on top of the heater box, and the driver actuator is in the programmer. My question is.. pushing the up and down arrows on the center climate control module to change the temp, the passenger side actuator (top of the air box) moves back and forth and appears to be functioning fine. Upon pressing the buttons on the passenger side front door to change the temp, nothing happens. Temp reading flashes. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bassasasin
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
By chance have you replaced the radio in the car?

Bass

Divorce Court Dan
01-26-2007, 01:22 PM
No, not before the heat started acting up. I actually set out to take out the radio and check to see what kind of plug it had because I need a replacement, so I started up the car so I would be warm while taking out the radio and before I took it out the heat started malfunctioning. The passenger side actuator was faulty and I replaced it. The other two problems I am having are.. The blower motor unsuspectedly will shut off and come back on, and the passenger side climate controls will not work. The display lights up but nothing happens when the buttons are pressed. I looked to see if the passenger side actuator moves when doing so but no it does not. Does this sound like a controller issue? Thanks

Divorce Court Dan
01-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Also currently the temp reading is NOT flashing.

HotZ28
01-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I might be better to have the system scanned in order to find out where the problem is. As you know, parts for the ACC system are not cheap, especially the controller & programmer! Two common things that can cause an intermittent blower fan operation is, the blower motor or the blower control module. First, turn the fan setting to high speed and check the voltage to the purple wire at the blower motor, if you have 12V, bump the motor with a hammer, if it starts running, replace the blower motor. If you don’t have voltage to the motor, suspect the blower control module. :uhoh:

Divorce Court Dan
01-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok. Thanks. I will try that next.

Add your comment to this topic!