Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speed on dash comes and goes

esfd455
01-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I have a 2002 Blazer 6 cyclinder. The displayed speed on the odometer reads fine then when you hit a bump it drops to zero.....Hit dash or another bump and bang its back. Before I go taking a part the dash does anybody have any suggestions........

Thanks,

EMT Gary
esfd455

Blue Bowtie
01-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes. Remove the instrument cluster and inpect the connector contacts at both corners. If there is no "Service Engine" lamp occurring with the loss of the speedometer indication, it's likely the connections at the instrument panel and not the VSS or PCM signal conditioning.

esfd455
01-26-2007, 02:46 PM
So I guess that there is no rotating cable like the older models from the dash to the transmission. I guess its all electronic now with only electrical connections???????? I will try to fix it this weekend when the temps get a little higher then now. Its freezing in NY from the Artic Cold Blast from Canada........BBBBrrrrrrrrrrr

PS - There is no Error Lamp or Engine Lamp coming on like you stated......Just the Speed drops to zero and then comes back after a hit or bump..........

Thanks,

EMT Gary
esfd455

Add your comment to this topic!