Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 GS headlight bulb

rock0134
01-25-2007, 05:40 PM
My girlfriend has a 97 gs auto and recently got backed into which fucked up the passenger side front of her car. The headlight lens is shattered and the bulb from being exposed burnt out. She is getting the car fixed soon hopefully but the low beam on the passenger side is seriously impossible to replace, i cant even come close to getting my hand near or getting the cap off because of all the hoses and lines and other shit packed in there. Has anyone else had this problem on the non turbo's and what do you have to do?

l_eclipse_l
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
There is a lot of shit in the way on the passenger side, but it is do-able. I have to replace mine ever 3-4 months because I buy those cheap ebay bulbs and they don't last real long. You just have to be careful, but you can do it.

The best way to look at it is find where you have the most space. There is going to be a certain path between hoses, etc. that will work best, you will figure it out if you look at it for a minute. Then just weave the bulb through the maze, and hope your fingers are long enough to reach between hoses and still be able to hold the base of the bulb.

rock0134
01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
k thanks, it just seemed impossible so i gave up haha

gthompson97
01-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I usually try and take some wire and tie back the hoses enough to get my hand in there.

Add your comment to this topic!