Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

erratic bogging

92zcamaroperson
01-25-2007, 02:47 PM
ok so the motor is a 350 tpi speed density motor just to be clear. Whats happening is when i have the pedal around half way or in the area the rpms will rise and then almost stop rising as the motor bogs. if i hold my foot still it will eventually come out of it but its a eratic change when the bogging stops. If i move the pedal the throttle is super sensitive. and if i sink the pedal all the way down i have full power and no bogging anywhere in the rpm range.

things i have tried...i disconnected my msd box, no effect...unplugged the egr valve(also plugged the vaccuum line), no effect..... replaced the tps, no effect.....

so i figured it wouldnt hurt to see if anyone here had anything to say

the motor idles fine starts up without a bit of hesitation and doesnt burn any oil or smoke at all. Its a very solid motor and has quite a bit of power. ill have the lq4 in there soon but i want to fix this. Its proabably some vacuum leak somewhere...

wrightz28
01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Could be a dead spot in the TPS, it does this in park as well as driving?

92zcamaroperson
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
did it with the old tps and still does it with the new one. i was so sure thats what it was so i went and replaced it but apparently just wasted my money. and no only when its under load(in drive)

Add your comment to this topic!