Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finally ......

Gainsbourg
09-27-2002, 05:22 PM
At last two orders have arrive from H.L.J. and Hannants.
There are still two more to come, but finally I put my hands on two of my most wanted kits of all times, the Lancia 037 and the Wolf-F1.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/855722KITS.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/135240DECALS.jpg

Jay!
09-27-2002, 05:33 PM
It's just like Xmas, isn't it? :D

flyonthewall
09-27-2002, 05:37 PM
:cool:

What did you order from Hannants and what were they like? I cant stand their site!

935k3
09-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbourg
At last two orders have arrive from H.L.J. and Hannants.
There are still two more to come, but finally I put my hands on two of my most wanted kits of all times, the Lancia 037 and the Wolf-F1.

I am building the 037 right now. A few things I noticed about it, It is missing the following: oil tank,foot pedals, gas tanks plus allot of things at the front. I was also surprised at how little detail is engraved on some parts.Parts are hard to clean up because of being fragile and placement of ejection pin marks. The last Hasegawa kits I built was the TWR Jaguar XJS and the Porsche 944 and I don't remember alll the fit and other problems this kit has. They seemed allot nicer kits. I will post some progress pics shortly. I did quite a few things to re-enforce the model. Also note the gap around the firewal in the way it fits to the body, I added plastic to make it fit. I have seen these built with opening rear decks and see ing this gap, it looks terrible. In the end it will be a nice model and I hope you enjoy it.

Gainsbourg
09-28-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by jay@af
It's just like Xmas, isn't it? :D

It sure is :)

Originally posted by flyonthewall
What did you order from Hannants and what were they like? I cant stand their site!

From Hannants I order the Toyota GT-One and the Castrol Toyota Supra GT, which have not arrive yet.
The GT-One took one and a half week to arrive in good packed conditions. One negative point only for the homepage, since I didn’t found any “customer support” area where I can fallow the status of my orders and pending models. Probably just by e-mail.
Anyway I plan to continue using Hannants.

935k3:
Not to good news. Fitting problems is one of the things I most hate in a model. Fortunately not to common in Tamiya our Hasegawa models. Are you using some high detail set in your 037? Hope to see some of your pictures soon. I’m really curious about the finish 037 model.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/576798DETAIL.jpg

935k3
09-28-2002, 07:41 AM
I do have the Hasegawa Photo-Etch for mine. Watch the roll cage too it is very fragile. I also snapped the triangular brace that holds the muffler and had to fix it with a brass rod. Also the brace that goes accross the very back end of chassis is very flimsy. I glued a small brass wire on the underside of that to brace it. The stuff that is missing at the front of the chassis will cause a see through effect when veiwing the car from the side. I added some black panels there to block that.

Add your comment to this topic!