Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New kit and color Q?

ruffman
09-27-2002, 03:43 AM
Just got a new kit and wanted to get started while my LS400 begins its long drying time before getting clear coated.:sleep:

My new kit is a Tamiya 350Z, not the track model (gonna buy and build that one later), I was looking at the spray paints and since i just did my LS400 silver, I wanted to do the Nissan something else. Plus everyone does their Z silver.

I was suprized to find Tamiya British Green Spray, this has always been my fav green color, kinda of a dark green. I was wondering is this gonna need a clear coat to? Anyone use it before? how do u think it would look on the Z? anyone who has built this kit have any tips?

935k3
09-27-2002, 07:01 AM
You can probably skip the clearcoat with the darker metallics except they do rub through pretty easy so it would be better to clearcoat.

Veyron
09-27-2002, 07:11 AM
TS British Green isn't metallic but a very nice looking BRG. Shines like TS Black, no clear needed if you put enough on and the 350Z is an easy body to polish.;)

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-27-2002, 07:31 AM
the 350Z is an easy body to polish.

Oh? Do you have first hand experience on one? Do tell :confused:

Veyron
09-27-2002, 08:06 AM
Oh? Do you have first hand experience on one? Do tell

Wouldn't you like to know!!!:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :eek:

integra818
09-27-2002, 06:03 PM
I saw a black z on the street a week ago,it looked very nice,silver is so over-rated:finger:

primera man
09-27-2002, 07:06 PM
I used this colour on my '68 Chevelle which was posted here a few days ago. Very deep gloss you can get fro this

fatboyslim
09-28-2002, 01:43 PM
Tamiya British Green if it's not Metallic then it shouldn't really be called 'British Racing Green' as BRG IS a metallic colour, the standard gloss green is actually 'Brooklands Green' and this colour is what the original cars were painted if anyone remembers the B.R.M F-1 cars they were 'Brooklands Green' and had a dayglo orange nose cone (this is pre-Yardley sponsorship btw)
Rover used to offer both these greens on their cars!!

Add your comment to this topic!