Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel line leaking. How do I replace it?

DippinIntheUltra
01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
My fuel line going into the engine started leaking in my 93 Ultra. I tried to get another one from the dealer but they said its discontinued. I dont think I can use regular fuel line from kragen or autozone because its more of a hard plastic or metal. I tried several salvage yards but they didnt have the supercharged engine and the line looked like it was shaped different going to the regular 3800. What are my options? Heres a pic of where it started to leak. Someone help me out I dont know what to do:banghead:

http://i12.tinypic.com/46yqbkw.jpg

maxwedge
01-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Welcome to AF. Napa and other parts houses make a repair kit for these lines.

DippinIntheUltra
01-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Welcome to AF. Napa and other parts houses make a repair kit for these lines.

thanks for the warm welcome. i'll try the napa near my house. whats included in the repair kit? on the fuel line it says in yellow, "not repairable." thats why I assumed i had to replace it. do you happen to know what the repair kit is called? or if it has a part number. sorry i'm horrible at explaining what i need when i go to parts stores. i'm a noobie to diy.

Bassasasin
01-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey.. just a thought while Im Forumgin'
Seems very odd... ::frown::
Mechanically I can see the vibration of the engine work hardening the line...
Perhaps your planned direction is best for replacing a longer length than just the area of the leak..

Sure is nice and clean engine.. ::wink::

Perhaps a hydralic type fuel tolerant hose could be spliced in and well secured.

Just Curious..

DippinIntheUltra
01-23-2007, 01:41 PM
i'm sure it was leaking. actually more like spraying out of that spot. happened while i was driving.. good thing i didnt catch fire. anyway i was thinking of replacing the whole line but don't know where to find the right line? maybe i'm looking in all the wrong places? if i can just repair that one spot which repair kit do i need? does anybody know what the diameter of the line is? i'm not that great at fixing stuff myself but my neighbor is a good mechanic and offered to help me. i'm just trying to find the part because i know he doesnt have time to do that for me.

Bassasasin
01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
The issue is you will have to cut that line at the break. Slip a hose over it and reclamp it securly enough to prevent leakage at the clamps..

Replacing the part is arder than splicing.
Take the advice of the Moderator. Go by NAPA or your parts store .. show them your picture.. and see if they have just the thing.. Show the recommended stuff to the Good Neighbor and see hear he thinks.

Your Neighbor proubbly would help there better anyway.. Asking for a complete line replacement is a bigger job.

Good Luck

DippinIntheUltra
01-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Yea I'll just go that route. Am I right to buy the 3/8" repair kit? I wasn't sure what the size was but I looked up the fuel filter and it has 3/8" inlet and outlets. Appreciate the help fellas. I can't wait to get my PA running again.

Add your comment to this topic!