2000 Tacoma PreRunner Light Problems

kirk1005
01-23-2007, 09:17 AM
About a week ago, I was turning left and put my turn signal on. As soon as I put the signal on, my left turn signal stuck. Now, as long as my headlights are turned on the left turn signal lights, both front and back, stay on solid. It doesnt blink at all, but if my lights are off, it works fine. Then, everyonce in a while, when I turn the blinker on with the lights off, it makes all the lights on the vehicle, to include all interior lights, blink. I have changed almost every bulb on the exterior and not very experienced with vehicles so I need help. I would like to be able to possibly fix this problem myself without paying someone a ton of money to do it for me. Can anyone help!?

KimMG
01-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Check all the ground connections for the lighting. Make sure the connections to the chasis are not corroded. Check the switch, making sure none of the contacts have crossed.

Flash75
01-24-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't think bulbs would cause your problems. You may want to try another flasher relay, I don't know where it is in your truck. Do you have trailer wiring and drive in lots of snow or water? Sounds like you may have a moisture related problem. If yes on the trailer wiring inspect it carefully and get a test light to determine if it has voltage signals when/where there isn't supposed a signal. If no trailer wiring check to see that you don't have water in your front or rear lights. If you don't have a wiring diagram you need one, included in most repair manuals. Other possibilities are wiring damaged if there has recently been any body work or you have used the vehicle off road. Inspect the under body wiring for possible damage. There is a 2003 shop manual at the top of this forum, the wiring for your truck may be similar to that in a 2003.

Clifton

kirk1005
01-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks to both of you. I will check into this and will post back what I find. I just had surgery so it might be a while. Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!