Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Loose Gas Cap-2006 Mercury Milan

Kimmie42
01-22-2007, 07:38 PM
My check engine light went on because my gas cap wasn't on tight. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and the light is still on. My manual says it's suppose to go off by itself in 3 driving cycles but it hasn't. Does anyone know if I need to bring it to the dealer to have the light turned off or is 2 weeks not an unreasonable amount of time, and I should just be patient and wait a little longer. I hate driving with that light on!

swrvninmypala
01-23-2007, 11:52 PM
i know how you feel about the light. i have a 06 milan with 10,000 miles. have no problems right now. but i do hear a sort of rattle sound when i am sitting at a red light, but thats the only time. but it doesnt happen all the time.

rivguy
05-08-2007, 08:35 PM
sounds like the system still thinks there is a leak - you can reset the light by unhooking the battery for at least 5 min. - if the light comes back on it'll have to go in - there are known problems with vapor managment and vent valves on these cars

Joe Wilson
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
You can always take it to AutoZone and have them scan it with their OBDII scanner and then they will turn off the check engine light if you ask them to.

Add your comment to this topic!