Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Painting the fender.

RG501
01-20-2007, 04:10 PM
i have a few paint chips in the passenger side fender of my car. how much would it run to get it re-painted?

poormillionaire2
01-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Maybe $500. They would probably take it off the car to paint it. They have to strip it, sand it, prime it, paint-match it, and re-install it. Not to mention paint and labor. But that's just my guess.

Savage Messiah
01-20-2007, 05:46 PM
a few chips? go get a little bottle of touch-up paint from the dealer

brass_monkey93
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
if its just a few chips, go with a touch up bottle because if you take it to the body shop if they do it properly they will sand down the fender, prime if needed, then blend the paint and clearcoat into the hood and door...i think you would be getting way too far over your head money-wise....unless you have a lot of money burning a hole in your pocket.

CamaroRS92
01-21-2007, 11:06 AM
red is nearly impossible to color match exactly. especially when only one panel is being refinished. This is due to the way that the red pigment reacts with UV light & oxidizes

I have seen hundreds of red cars with collison damage repair that have just a hint of a different shade of color. Even some that would pass as exact match until you took a picture of the car - then you could see the shading difference in the photo.

like everyone else said, If it is only a few chips , then touch up would be the way to go

Add your comment to this topic!