Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 e500

jonnysos11
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
whats up all....this is my situation i have started a new job and been saving money for a while to get a new car and for some reason with so many things i can spend 30 k i have decided to buy a 03-04 e500...my question is how modafieble are these cars???im not looking to make any big changes i would like to do intake exhaust and a tune..also a few video audio upgrade but i know that stuff real well and dont inticipate any issues..if anyone has any info and/or links for me please post...thanks jonathan

benztech82
01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
just to let you know there are quite a few bolt ons for the cars but be ready to shell out the dough. the bolt ons for the cars can get quite expensive. as for intake systems, the stock systems will support an amg 500 horse engine.
why do you need any better than that?? the exhaust will only sound better but will not help performance much. The factory systems again are all mandrel bent seamless tubing that flow very well. the only help would be an increase in size. But, that won't be noticed that much and may actually hurt performance. the exhaust just like the adjustable length runners in the intake manifold are tuned to the operating conditions of the car. the ecu is programmed for those specific parameters. Brabus does however make a very good piggyback for the ecu and reprogrammed ecu's. THEY do well with upgraded exhaust but try to use theirs. also try kleeman, and lorinser. All three companies offer excellent products but at a premium price. Hope this helps a little.

jonnysos11
01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
thankyou for the reply ive always worked on imports and mustangs so it will be quit different wanting to lay my hands on somthing german!!!any way all the info is much appreciated!!do you know of any other web sights that might be a little more helpful as far as specs upgrades? anyother knowledge is gunna be helpful.also any down side to the car???tranny drivability anything???thanks for the help jonny

benztech82
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
the only real downsid eI can think of is the braking system. when they go out
they are quite expensive to repair and cannot be done at home. as for other sites I'm not quite sure. I know those companies are extremely reliable and work together with mercedes. when you start if there are any installation questions don't hesitate to ask.

jonnysos11
01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
thanks again for the imput it is appreciated!!!is there any kind of brembo up grade or amg or braubus????thanks again for the imput i finally get to go shopping this week!!!white on cream oh yeah..so excited.thanks again for the imput.

jonnysos11
01-26-2007, 02:43 PM
i love it what a beautiful car i went to fletcher jones in newport beach not intending to buy but you know how it goes!!!msrp was 41900 i got it out the door for 32 cash 150 k waranty bumber to bumber no costs what so ever no oil changes free car washes everything..i love it!!beats the 97 honda accord i was driving!!thanks again for the imput and advice it is all appreciated!!oh black on black not white on cream darn!

Add your comment to this topic!