Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need some help with my chrysler cirrus PLEASE!!!

Talon69
01-18-2007, 04:19 PM
The chrysler forum sucks so i come here to my home where everyone is.

96 chrysler cirrus 2.5 V6, same thing as stratus, So 2 days ago the car ran fine, yestarday -12 here and it would not start, all it would do is spit and sputter while you crank it over. So i decided to go get some plugs thinking i flooded it. I only changed the front ones for now because you have to take the upper intake off to change the back ones.

So i get back with the new plugs, before doing anything i decided to put a charger on while i did the plugs, i changed the front plugs and cranked it over now i get no spark at all!!

Only 2 things i did was change front plugs and hook a battery charger up and now no spark. There is no coil it has a distributor. Everything is plugged in, fuel pump is working fine, Oil level is perfect. What the hell could have happen in just by changing plugs and hooking a battery charger up?

Blackcrow64
01-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Did you check for power at your distributor? Could have bumped something loose...

Talon69
01-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Did you check for power at your distributor? Could have bumped something loose...

Distributor sits way in the back i was not even close to that, but will check power when i get off work at 3:30

Talon69
01-20-2007, 03:34 PM
no loose connections, still no spark. I need to check for voltage at the distributor but its to damn cold and windy right now. I was also thinking it could be the crank angle sensor. But very odd that it tried to start before i change the plugs and now nothing. I have myself convinced that hooking the battery charger up serge a sensor. <-dumb idea i think but i have no clue right now.

Blackcrow64
01-20-2007, 03:45 PM
A surge could be very possible... I've seen it happen before.

Talon69
01-27-2007, 11:07 PM
well i had to take my talon out of the garage to put my chrysler in, it was just to damn cold to do anything. So i checked voltage to the DIS and i have voltage to it which means the crank sensor is good, so it is either the DIS or the control module. (HOPEFULLY)

I just would like to share a pic of my cirrus which is #2 out of my 4 in my fleet lol

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/122544My_other_car.jpg

Blackcrow64
01-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I just would like to share a pic of my cirrus which is #2 out of my 4 in my fleet lol

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/122544My_other_car.jpg
lol That is the most pimped Cirrus I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

gthompson97
01-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Drop that 4x4!!! Hahahahahaha.

Talon69
01-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Drop that 4x4!!! Hahahahahaha.

It does not really look that high, the back whell was in a hole so it looks like alot of fendor well room. But i like it the way it is. Only thing different now is that i put a stock wing on the back.

Talon69
02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Well i installed the new distributor today and the car fired right up. The camshaft sensor is inside the distributor and is molded to the housing, no way to change just that and none available.

Pretty stupid lol cam sensor dies you need to change the entire distributor lol

Blackcrow64
02-03-2007, 12:17 AM
dang

sucks man...

Add your comment to this topic!