Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 explorer no heat

vaughnj
01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I checked the fuse block and dist block. I swapped the starter relay and the blower relay, no change (it still started). I have no blower and no heat. I tried the A/C also and got nothing.

shorod
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
It sounds like most likely your blower motor stopped working, either due to a blown fuse, bad blower motor, or faulty switch. The resistor block should still allow the blower to work in high speed if the blower motor and fuse are fine.

Do you have a test light or multimeter that you can use to check for power to the blower motor?

The heat is probably still working fine, just there is nothing pushing air across the heater core so that you can actually feel the heat.

-Rod

vaughnj
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Is the blower motor buried in the dash? I have a multimeter.

vaughnj
01-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Shouldn't I still hear the dampers opening and closing as I move from windshield to floor, etc.?

shorod
01-17-2007, 12:41 PM
You would likely still hear the blend door and air diverters moving, but you didn't mention that you don't hear them in your original post. :)

The blower motor is typcically located in the dash, usually in the area near the glove compartment. I haven't actually looked for one in the 2000 model year, I'll have to take a peek at the manual.

However, I would still check for power to the blower motor. If you have power to the blower motor, and enough current to drive it, at a minimum you have a bad blower motor. If the blower is not moving air through the system, the doors may be moving gently enough that you won't hear them. The "breeze" of the blower probably helps them open and close more aggressively.

-Rod

shorod
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Actually, on your 2000 Explorer, the blower motor is accessed from under the hood.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!