Sticky power windows

paqman
01-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey, I've got a '01 Maxima, and I heard the windows get sticky at times, but this is rediculous. Obviously it's worse in the winter time (we don't even attempt to open them in the winter for fear it will bust the motor). So is there a way to fix it? Just a little grease? I would love nothing more than to have smooth free-flowing windows. :grinyes:

Nahkapohjola
01-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Hey, I've got a '01 Maxima, and ... Just a little grease...

The seals enjoy silicone spray: roll windoos down, spray & wipe

paqman
01-17-2007, 03:57 AM
The seals enjoy silicone spray: roll windoos down, spray & wipe

So just roll down the window, and spray it down the crack? Then wipe up the excess off the window? No taking off the panels and spraying things inside? And by seals, do you just mean the water seals up against the window? (Sorry, not a car tech, just a diy'er)

Nahkapohjola
01-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Local Nissan couldnt trblshoot my 2k2 lazy win-drowsers... kept whining. Seems theyre not even !? diyers maybe b/c theres no error code for this problem...

After rollin windows down, spray any suitable silicone containing grease into the vertical seal 'slots' on upper door frame (where window sits when it is closed).. The rear quide seal-groove is most important, let some flow also down but not on window... wipe all excess of so you dont get clothes dirty :( -and- you may wipe out all/whatever you can, the leftover will do the lube work for next 5yrs... NO need to spray down inside into the door, on the windows... but theres no other problem/danger but cleanin -if- you spray down there

You may also use this silicone on all seals. Spray some on a rag and swipe, then they wont freeze solid which may rip em. Antifreeze /glycol is also good substitute.

On older cars the door panel has to be taken out and all the window guides & wires inside the door lubed. If you need that info, seek top left Favorite Links first clic at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748507/1

paqman
01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Local Nissan couldnt trblshoot my 2k2 lazy win-drowsers... kept whining. Seems theyre not even !? diyers maybe b/c theres no error code for this problem...

After rollin windows down, spray any suitable silicone containing grease into the vertical seal 'slots' on upper door frame (where window sits when it is closed).. The rear quide seal-groove is most important, let some flow also down but not on window... wipe all excess of so you dont get clothes dirty :( -and- you may wipe out all/whatever you can, the leftover will do the lube work for next 5yrs... NO need to spray down inside into the door, on the windows... but theres no other problem/danger but cleanin -if- you spray down there

You may also use this silicone on all seals. Spray some on a rag and swipe, then they wont freeze solid which may rip em. Antifreeze /glycol is also good substitute.

On older cars the door panel has to be taken out and all the window guides & wires inside the door lubed. If you need that info, seek top left Favorite Links first clic at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748507/1

Thanks for the great info, when I get around to getting the spray and giving it a try, I'll let you know how it goes.

Add your comment to this topic!