Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The hood won't open on my S10!

Ducaire
01-16-2007, 10:57 AM
This morning I tried to open the hood on my S10, but it wouldn't open. Whenever I squeeze the little lever beside the radiator, the hood won't 'pop' like it should (it pops open when you squeeze it; I have a 1990 S10).

Will it be expensive getting this fixed, or am I doing something wrong? (A stuck hood may not seem bad at first, but now I can't change the oil, air filter, or anything else! :eek:

bowtieboy12
01-16-2007, 06:47 PM
If the cable has snapped from the lever or somewhere along the way to the hood you're going to have to find the end and give it a tug, I'd suggest something comfy to lay on and a light. If the cable is still attached to the lever and its just not popping up, try holding the lever and pounding on the hood with your fist just under the windshield, or if you can get another set of hands someone hold the lever and the other try to get their hands under the hood an pull it up, or grab the latch.

Ducaire
01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the reply but it turned out I went directly to the front of the truck to try and open the hood; I had forgotten to pull the "release hood" lever... I feel so stupid.

Add your comment to this topic!