Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical - Rear and interior lights.

DOMS
01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
It seems that my positive battery terminal came loose while I was driving. Now my interior and rear lights won't come on. I should note that my break lights and turn signals work just fine.

I've check all of the fuses and they all are fine.

What else may be the problem?

Thanks for any help!

Blackcrow64
01-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Probably fried something if it came in contact with the hood and the terminal at the same time. If the fuses are fine then chances are you fried some wiring or blew a relay somewhere.

DOMS
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Probably fried something if it came in contact with the hood and the terminal at the same time. If the fuses are fine then chances are you fried some wiring or blew a relay somewhere.

Thanks for the info. Is there anything that I can do to help narrow it down?

Also, the connector was just loose, it didn't actually come off of the terminal.

Blackcrow64
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info. Is there anything that I can do to help narrow it down?

Also, the connector was just loose, it didn't actually come off of the terminal.
Well if it didn't actually come off and touch anything else at the same time then theres no reason you should have an electrical problem. As long as you tightened it back down then it should have been fine and dandy... What prompted you to check the connection? Did the lights start acting up before you checked it?

DOMS
01-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Well if it didn't actually come off and touch anything else at the same time then theres no reason you should have an electrical problem. As long as you tightened it back down then it should have been fine and dandy... What prompted you to check the connection? Did the lights start acting up before you checked it?

When I went to start up the car, it was dead. So I popped the hood and saw what the problem was. So I tighted down the cable and everything, other than the problems I've mentioned, seems to be okay.

david-b
01-15-2007, 01:08 PM
There is a fuse on the inside of the car, by the drivers left leg. Did you check there. It's labeled I believe tail lights, and it should be a 15amp fuse. I bet you blew that one. I had a major short in my car and that fuse kept blowing. I can almost garentee you that that will be it, unless you fried something.

DOMS
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
There is a fuse on the inside of the car, by the drivers left leg. Did you check there. It's labeled I believe tail lights, and it should be a 15amp fuse. I bet you blew that one. I had a major short in my car and that fuse kept blowing. I can almost garentee you that that will be it, unless you fried something.

I checked that one. Heck, I checked them all. I even checked the fuses up by the driver-side wheel.

If I "fried something", what would that mean?

Blackcrow64
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Hmm... Well it sounds like it could be from something else besides this. Had any other electrical troubles with it besides this situation?

DOMS
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Hmm... Well it sounds like it could be from something else besides this. Had any other electrical troubles with it besides this situation?

None. The car is 10 years old, but she's in pretty good shape.

david-b
01-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Just out of curiousity, replace that fuse anyways and see if anything happens. Then there is a wire or something that's no longer intact. However, the fuse should have blown. Jsut replace it for shits and giggles.

DOMS
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Will do.

Add your comment to this topic!