Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Geeze this took forever !! :(

mycorollas
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM
So 2 hours later after sitting down at my desk i get this,

I took my time and got as much detail as i could into it,
Considering its only like 1.5 inches on the paper,

Gonna be a new drawing of a s2000

migh be done with it tuesday then ill post it

Thanks for looking :)

http://www.thegaffney.com/rimjob.jpg

Bob_Jones
01-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Still manage to make all of my work look amateurish dont you :P

It looks great, cant wait to see it done

Digitor
01-14-2007, 09:56 PM
If that's how much time you put into one wheel no wonder all your drawings look so good:p:grinyes:

mycorollas
01-14-2007, 10:46 PM
If that's how much time you put into one wheel no wonder all your drawings look so good:p:grinyes:

thanks, yeah but the downwall is that i get tired of drawing easily so it takes even longer to get done because i dont do it :D

xpeed
01-16-2007, 12:45 AM
^ Words from my mouth. LoL

mycorollas
01-16-2007, 05:53 PM
maybe i wont finish today lol

heres what i got so far

http://www.thegaffney.com/s2.jpg

RM Designs
01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
I now have a lot of respect for you for using coloured pencil crayons. I just finished up this big art project (I will post pics later when I get it back) that was only coloured pencil crayons and I realized their not easy to work with. I'm used to working with marker and airbrush, so it was hard for me to adjust. I usually have a lot of patience for things but to get it looking the way you do is tough. Keep up the great work.

mycorollas
01-16-2007, 08:54 PM
I now have a lot of respect for you for using coloured pencil crayons. I just finished up this big art project (I will post pics later when I get it back) that was only coloured pencil crayons and I realized their not easy to work with. I'm used to working with marker and airbrush, so it was hard for me to adjust. I usually have a lot of patience for things but to get it looking the way you do is tough. Keep up the great work.

thanks, :D yeah its a pain but you can definantlu get alot more detail if thats what you looking for

xpeed
01-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Noice!

mycorollas
01-17-2007, 12:01 AM
That silver color is a pain in the ass

i have to lay down a light black shade, the full thick white the a blending stump to smooth it

and doing that around the logos :(

http://thegaffney.com/images/s3.jpg

Bob_Jones
01-17-2007, 03:04 PM
The silver looks really good.

Ive been trying to get the colour right on a maserati im doing at the moment but i cant get the colour light enough :(

Btw whats a blending stump? I see people talking about them but i never know what they are? thanks :)

xpeed
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
It's a small pencil-shaped tool that is just compressed paper. You use it to blend in any small crevices on paper to smooth out the texture.

Bob_Jones
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
It's a small pencil-shaped tool that is just compressed paper. You use it to blend in any small crevices on paper to smooth out the texture.

Thanks for that, do you think you could make your own out of something or would i have to buy one from somewhere? cheers :)

i-is-in-da-house
01-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Very nice drawing.
Mycorrolas if you have time i would greatly apperciate you looking at the stetch of my Escalade and mabye give my some advice.
- If you want to know when I saw the picture of the Camero you drew, it motivated me to draw my first 3D car which is the Escalade.

Roboduck
01-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I really love your work... your attention to detail, and your ability to take it to fruition is superb. Only one thing bothered me.. and it may be only me.. the reflection of the mirror looks inverted, rather than a mirrored image...? The wheels are fantastic. Robo

xpeed
01-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for that, do you think you could make your own out of something or would i have to buy one from somewhere? cheers :)
You probably can, but you probably won't get the same effect as you would from a store bought one. It's really not expensive. I bought a pack of 5 for $3. :p

mycorollas
01-17-2007, 11:48 PM
thanks everyone :D

I got bored with the car so i started on the background,

I still got to smooth it out alittle more

http://thegaffney.com/images/s4.jpg

Ngati_Pakeha
01-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Oh I recognise this car now. It's from Russ Schwenkler. His artwork on deviantart is amazing and you've done a great likeliness to his s2000. Although you have deleted the spoiler, probably a good move cos it looked a little big on the car. Keep up the good work, cos i have been loving it so far

mycorollas
01-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Oh I recognise this car now. It's from Russ Schwenkler. His artwork on deviantart is amazing and you've done a great likeliness to his s2000. Although you have deleted the spoiler, probably a good move cos it looked a little big on the car. Keep up the good work, cos i have been loving it so far

yep,

hes an awesome 3d artist, i didnt like the spoiler either, i showed him the changes after i got got his permission, said it looked good :D

PlatinumJpizzle
01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
WOAH!... Besides that word i just said, Im speechless..

The Rims are top notch

Will be checking back in to see this project finished, I love it! !!! !!!!

Add your comment to this topic!