Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GUNDAM Marker

_835_
09-25-2002, 05:04 AM
Hi guys,

i will try to use gundam marker to draw line on my next car body models.
Any advices ?
How can i remove paint (if it is paint..) ..if i do some mistakes ?

cheers

sugarcaddy
09-25-2002, 08:11 AM
If its anything like my archive markers, ie small tips, they will wipe off with your finger so you have to be carefull and not smear them when putting them on. Also not to scare you but if you dont get the mistake cleaned up well the black left over will ruin your paint job because most of these archive type markers have perminte paint and are water proof, so no water will clean off a mistake! :eek:

Scott

primera man
09-25-2002, 08:51 AM
They are so quick and easy to use.
If you get paint on the body just wipe it off as best as you can then just polish it off.
The pen is great on Tamiya kits as there panel lines are thin and not very deep which will give you good lines.
The Fujimi kits are wider and deeper and give you bigger lines (As people keep telling me..lol)

Best way is to let the weight of the pen follow the line...dont press hard unless you have to

_835_
09-26-2002, 12:55 AM
thanks a lot for help and reply,

I will test it before on an old kit to learn well : what to do, what not to do.
Cheers

turbos86
09-26-2002, 01:14 AM
Should clear coat be apply before or after using the gundam markers for panel lines?

sugarcaddy
09-26-2002, 07:59 AM
Well my experence has ben to do the panel lines after the gloss has dried. That way if you do make a mistake you can wipe it off easier and not ruin the paint if it smears. Also I had a bad experience with a marker and gloss! Im not sure if the marker was dry or not and sprayed on a coat of gloss and the damn line ran all the way down the car!!!:eek:

So be careful-and try to experiment with a old kit before doing it on a new kit.

Scott

Add your comment to this topic!