Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 Grand-Am Front Speakers ?

tjax63
01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Could someone tell me what size are the front speakers on my wifes 96 4door Grand -Am. They look like they are round,but I have seen pictures where they were oblong like 4 x 6`s And I guess I will have to take the inside of the door panel off ? Any help would be great .

tom

xeroinfinity
01-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Welcome to AF.

They are 4x6. But a round speaker will work with some minor modifications.

The door panels have a few screws and some plastic clips that hold the panel to the door.

Here is a link (http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0e/5f/2a/0900823d800e5f2a.jsp)that has info that may be benificial to you.

Hope that helps !

tjax63
01-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey Thanks a lot ,That will hellp me a lot.Now I hope the weather stays good.Thanks a gain.

tom

tjax63
01-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Now my wife wants a Dual 7510 stereo put in her Grand -Am .Anyone know if Dual makes a good radio?
tom

xeroinfinity
01-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I've never heard of it :grinno:

remember you get what you pay for when it comes to electronic devices.

tjax63
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I belive my wife wants it more for the looks than anything else. $ 148.95 at Wallys world.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3296.html

Tom

mathieu
01-17-2007, 05:40 PM
i got a 95 and front speaker was real small so i have put 4inch speaker i have brought some panasonic carbon speaker 4inch its not bad but not beast seriously if you want bad ass sound try to fit lil more than 4inch but if u juste want some decent sound get those fair price fair sound

xeroinfinity
01-17-2007, 06:06 PM
A little pricey for Walmart, and its a pretty basic unit. :screwy:

I'd bet you could find a cheaper on thats more of a "name" brand(Pioneer, Kenwood, Jenson etc).

mathieu
01-18-2007, 05:12 PM
true .. but when i went to buy them the only brand that had 4" was those but its probably just the place i went to buy em but i hate shopping for deal:banghead: lol so i took those anyway it was real pricy about 50can lol anyway hey if u got a SS and GT i think the SS is SOHC and the gt OHV did u notice any difference of the torque at high rpm ? i was wondering if OHV was decent at high rpm like 5000+rpm ? thanks also what is ur engine in SE ?

xeroinfinity
01-18-2007, 08:59 PM
sorry mathieu, I was talking about tjax63 and the $150 walmart stereo being pricey.

You can find nice speakers for pretty resonable.
Sony explodes that are 50watt/ 5-6" rounds they sound good for under $50 .

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-015.gif They did not make an GA SS,
it just something I've been working on for 2-3 years.
Once it gets boost and lowered, then I'll put on some SS badges and a big yello stripe down the middle . :grinyes:

I wish it had an OHC (single or dual) that would be interesting.....

mathieu
01-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice it gonna be Awsome :grinyes:

yeah well im doing mechanic school and im also rebuilding my SE and its SOHC at first i wanted to change the motor cause both head were leaking bad and piston rings needed to be changed soon and ive found a nice engine but its OHV
and well i knew that OHV was not really decent at high rpm well anyway since u say ur SE as more bite than the gt im just gonna take out my egine and rebuild it anyway i went to see the pics of ur cars god man great job :ylsuper: god if u have some money u should get it supercharged or a good turbo

xeroinfinity
01-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Your 3.1 is a good motor if its taken care of, maintenance stuff.

I've spent more on mods on the SE then I paid for the car :banghead:
I do have a RSM SC, but I dont have all the parts, and I;d rather have a turbo..... decisions decisions...
Plus the SC can only produce 8-10psi, I would like 10-15 psi of boost. That would be sweet!

tjax63
01-19-2007, 03:03 PM
My wifes GA has a 2.4 and it gives my V8 'T-Bird a good run.I think her 4 banger has 150 hp and my V8 has 205 hp.I can`t belive she has`nt got any speeding tickets yet.

tom

Jmoney3318
01-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Your 3.1 is a good motor if its taken care of, maintenance stuff.

I've spent more on mods on the SE then I paid for the car :banghead:
I do have a RSM SC, but I dont have all the parts, and I;d rather have a turbo..... decisions decisions...
Plus the SC can only produce 8-10psi, I would like 10-15 psi of boost. That would be sweet!

decisions indeed, sell me the supercharger and with the money u get a turbo

mathieu
01-20-2007, 02:18 AM
also if u want im not sure how to really explain it to you but im sure u can find something over the internet but if u set the turbo with an intercooler its gonna cool down ur air before it get to the turbo so the air molecule are smaller when cold so ur piston is gonna drain more air molecule so u get a few more hp with that setup i think its about the ratio like 10 air molecule for 1 fuel molecule

xeroinfinity
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
OK mathieu, first off I didnt read all of your preveous post the 3.4 is a Over Head Valve(OHV) the SOHC is Single over head cam. The 3.1 is neither OHV or SOHC or even DOHC :grinno:

Two totally differnt engines and the sohc is either a 4cyl or the 3.4 OHC which is CRAP!!!!
They put the 3.4 OHC in firechickens I believe.

decisions indeed, sell me the supercharger and with the money u get a turbo

$4200 and it is yours :lol:

+shipping :rofl:

Ya thiers a couple Turbo kits I'm looking at and they come with an intercooler.
I was looking at my SC and trying to figure out how to install an intercooler on it,
because it just draws air in from under the hood where the battery is/goes.

Gonna need to cut some body/trim for that though :naughty:

mathieu
01-20-2007, 12:09 PM
hehe well if u want i can check for some diagram for u to set this up il have a look monday over Mitchell all Data if i can find something for u :smokin:

xeroinfinity
01-20-2007, 03:27 PM
You dont need to do that mathieu :grinno:

I have access to all sorts of manauls and you wont find any turbo or super charger stuff in there.

This will have to be custom or copied from the intercoolers they sell with the turbo kits.

thankx anyways ! :D

mathieu
01-20-2007, 07:44 PM
well i said that cause i need the info too so if u find it lol think of me :P

Add your comment to this topic!