Car takes forever to start in the morning.

Phat8186
09-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Ok here goes my prob. When I go to start my car in the morning, it takes way to long to turn over. I mean i have to crank the freaking engine for awhile. Now I had a diagnostics done at jiffy lube on the charging system to see if the alternater was good battery was at level and the starter was ok. Everything came back good, but still the car freaking ahngs in the morning. What could this be. IS the distrubutor the prob what i really dont know. On top of that when the car turn over sometimes it fights to stay alive u know. Is a tune-up due at hand, I cant figure it out. Please I mean please help anyone

96 honda accord ex

wagsaccordsir
09-25-2002, 05:27 AM
Could be your flywheel?? Serious, mine went bad a few weeks ago, and we thought it was the starter, turned out the teeth on the flywheel come off. So we put a Clutch Masters Lightweight Flywheel in there.. Ahhh sooo much better, works better than new.. Mone did the exact same thing your describing.. Now she works perfect.

VTECseoul
09-25-2002, 06:08 AM
low fuel delivery, weak ignition spark, no compression in piston, cracked gasket letting in water (very slowly)...do tuneup or diagnostic, whichever is cheaper 1st.

wagsaccordsir
09-25-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by VTECseoul
low fuel delivery, weak ignition spark, no compression in piston, cracked gasket letting in water (very slowly)...do tuneup or diagnostic, whichever is cheaper 1st.

Low fuel delivery; possible but doubtful because you would get a check engine light; hence fuel and emmissions.

weak ignition spark, they said all that was good at jiffy lube

no compression in piston- the car would just run shitty if it would run at all, lack of compression would be consistant, not just in the mornings after the car has sat overnight.

cracked gasket letting in water- you would have more than a normal amount of moisture out the exhaust pipe, dropplets and smoke.

But hey I could be way wrong, but I figured I would add what I could, since I just went through all this 2 weeks ago....

Add your comment to this topic!