Engine Problem?

amo4387622
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
My boss has an 02 1500 Pickup with the V6 engine and as of the middle of the summer he thought that the engine had seized because it would not turn over by key. So finally I got a chance to look at it today and it is not seized I turned it by hand with a wrench on the crank pully bolt, And when we charged the battery because it had been sittin for a while it turned over but we shut it off really quick, Because before we tryed to start it we checked the oil and it was a light mikely brown color and real gummy. So we got some new oil to change out the old and when we started to drain the old oil it was like water coming out so i put a little pain to collect and see what it was and it was coolant then after all the coolant the oil finally started to came out. Now we checked the rad. and it was empty so we put in a jug of water into the rad. and all of a sudden the water started to come out of the oil pan drain plug. Now my first thing was there is an internal crack in the block, Or that a gasket or seal went and is allowing the coolant to flow from the rad. to the oil pan. Now is there a seal or gasket that normaly goes and has to be replaced? Or Is the only way that this would happen is a crack in the block?

Thanks for the Help

Kentw
01-12-2007, 10:37 PM
There is a gasket on the front for the water pump which coolant flows through the timing cover and into the block. I guess it's possible that could be leaking, at least that would be the least expensive. However, I wouldn't think water would flow through a leak as fast as you described it.
Here are some pictures of it: http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech/timingchain.php?p=3

If it is a crack, you could probably remove the oil pan and look up. At least this way you could diagnose without pulling the engine out.

hundahunta
01-13-2007, 09:01 PM
possible timing chain cover, intake gasket, or hopefully not warped heads, cracked block

rhandwor
01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Pull the plugs and look for evidence that water is getting into a cylinder. It should be a milky white color.

Add your comment to this topic!