Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 cHEV. BLAZER... IGN. PROBLEMS

NUMCHUCK
01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
OK
I have a 99 Blazer...The starter has been changed...and so has the ig. swutch... It wont start with a key...the dash lights all come on..but nothing .

I took a remote starter and it starts right up...I was wondering if the lock clynder was bad..Anyone else have a problem like this?:banghead:

Blue Bowtie
01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
The other items in the circuit are the neutral safety switch and the body control module/theft prevention. The neutral safety switch is at the transmission.

NUMCHUCK
01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
O.k. I'll check that..that was another thought...But the ing lock clynder isnt working right...the wipers still run when the key is removed....and there is no springing action when you turn it to the run position.

DelCoch
01-12-2007, 03:23 PM
O.k. I'll check that..that was another thought...But the ing lock clynder isnt working right...the wipers still run when the key is removed....and there is no springing action when you turn it to the run position.
Just a wild guess here - but I would say the ignition switch needs replaced.

Blue Bowtie
01-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd agree that the switch needs some attention. The fact that accessory power is still on with the key out is a problem.

old_master
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Does the lock cylinder return to the proper position when you remove the key?

Add your comment to this topic!