Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How To Draw A Car

sketchmaster
01-11-2007, 09:02 AM
can anyone make a tutorial about how to draw a car
the easy way.

sorry for my bad english:rolleyes:

gbritnell
01-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Sketchmaster, that's a pretty broad question. What do you mean by the easy way? Drawing a car is being able to reproduce shapes on paper from some type of reference material (magazine, brochure, photograph). Everyone that has ever drawn a car, or for that matter has drawn anything, just starts out by putting lines on the paper. The easy part comes after you've done 50 drawings and learn proportions and perspective. If you have trouble sketching then start off by just getting some tracing paper and trace something out of a magazine. I'm sure most of us have traced once or twice in our careers. Let us know exactly what you're looking for and I'm sure with all the talent on this board someone can give you some tips.
gbritnell

xpeed
01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I have one, but I don't know when I posted it in here. Search, I posted it in this forum somewhere.

SieG
01-12-2007, 02:07 AM
The easy part comes after you've done 50 drawings and learn proportions and perspective. If you have trouble sketching then start off by just getting some tracing paper and trace something out of a magazine.

or 500 drawings, .. :)

i think you shouldnt trace, it wont teach you absolutely nothing ( if you want to learn of course )

sketchmaster
01-12-2007, 07:42 AM
i want to learn how to draw a car the easyest way
because it's the first time I have drew a car

SieG
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
i want to learn how to draw a car the easyest way
because it's the first time I have drew a car

there is no easier or harder way to do it... just practice and thats all you can do. practicing a lot is the only way, so theres not much to help. watch other's works, find some tutorials, get some books...

Jin

Zwaag
01-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I suggest tracing, thats the way I learned, and my perspective and stuff is just fine

sketchmaster
01-16-2007, 07:39 AM
What is tracing ?

lemorris
01-16-2007, 08:16 AM
http://www.georgetrosley.com

GirlBear
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Its kinda ironic Someone would name themselves "sketchmaster" and post this thread.

sketchmaster
01-17-2007, 08:49 AM
What Is Tracing

xpeed
01-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Look it up in the dictionary. It literally means what it saids.

KustmAce
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
There is no easy way.

Practice.

NO TRACING.

bonzelite
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
tracing is legitimate but cannot be used as a crutch. you must learn to draw cars by sight, by eye. tracing then is actually better when you're in a tight deadline and cannot have time to make the drawing perfect. being able to draw freehand properly makes the tracing better. you cannot trace well unless you can draw wel to begin with.

Madinker
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello all!

Madinker
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello ALL!
I'm new to this forum, and would like to share some info with all you car/art nuts. I have vidios i make on my comp you might have seen already? seen on youtube... look up my name. well im not here to advertise i want to know if any others on here like to draw cars on their comp or on paper.. I currently am making a tetorial (excuse the spelling) on drawing step by step from beginner to advanced skills, i am NOT a profecional...just a normal joe like you that has some ideas I like to put on paper. Ok well let me know if any one on here has any Q's or hints for me too!
---------------==madinker==--------------------

Madinker
03-05-2007, 11:14 PM
By the way my video is not up yet that shows a step by step to draw a car on your comp..although it is done! just ask.
P.S. to the threads that say you cant do anything to help your skill, thats not true, learning different techniques and then deciding what is your flavor would be the first thing you should figuare out. Find your "style" then look at others ideas, and TALK TO THEM...

Add your comment to this topic!