Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 Fox stalles when driving

tundra2000
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Ive have my fox checked at a few different places and no one knows what is wrong with it, It starts fine but when driving of the road it stalles and shuts off, I then have to pull over, but it starts right back up and then runs for another mile or two then does it again, I never have trouble starting it back up after it stalles, what is my problem or things i can check

JBMS
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Ive have my fox checked at a few different places and no one knows what is wrong with it, It starts fine but when driving of the road it stalles and shuts off, I then have to pull over, but it starts right back up and then runs for another mile or two then does it again, I never have trouble starting it back up after it stalles, what is my problem or things i can check check fuel filter

gyedion
05-09-2008, 03:32 AM
well mine had that problem and it got worse i would try the fuel filter first and f that doesnt help then i have a thought it helped mine out but mines still sitting in my shop because its still givivng me probelms. if you have any old coils laying around that you know are good try putting a new coil in somthing that puts out a little more juice. it brought mine back so that it will idle again i was very suprised becaus eevery one told me i was crazy for suspecting a coil of acting like that? but let us know if the fuel filter helps. i used the coil out of an old ford and hot wired it in to my ignition lol but hey some times the weirdest things happen.

Add your comment to this topic!