Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 Honda Accord leaking problem

Ldybulldogz17
01-09-2007, 01:58 PM
My car is leaking coolant REALLY bad. I took it to the shop and they said the heating coil or something like that was bad. However, I was thinking that since its the HEATING coil, there would be a problem with my heat and there isnt. I took it to another car shop and they said something entirely different. They said it was a bad hose, but its not leaking in that place like it was in the other. What do you think it is? Im trying to keep the car together for at least 4 more months until I graduate.

somick
01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Heating coil should be a heater core. You will still have heat even if your core is leaking.
A car can easily servive without heater core. All you have to do is by pass it. This job is easy to do yourself. The only problem you encounter will be no heat.

The only thing in question: two different shops found different problems.
Try to find one more and see what they will tell you.

How did they find that the core is leaking from the starters?

Sam

mpumas
01-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Is it leaking to the rear of the engine or the front? If it is the heater core, fluid will come out of a drain hose on the firewall or leak on the floor in the passenger compartment. It could also be a hose that goes from the engine to the firewall that connects to the heater core. So many possibilities, so little answers. The only way to know is to put it up on the rack and look up for the leaks.

Add your comment to this topic!