Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Should i Take this Deal

Mrjud
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I was looking at buying a used Camry and came across this ad.

1998 Toyota Camry blk w/perfect tan leather interior pwr windows and locks spoiler, Cd, new engine from Toyota at 70k, new radiator, new brakes, new struts, new battery. this car needs nothing. 125k 1 owner 4 cyl engine excellent gas millage $5500.

Should i take this deal and are Camrys good reliable cars

xfeejayx
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I was looking at buying a used Camry and came across this ad.

1998 Toyota Camry blk w/perfect tan leather interior pwr windows and locks spoiler, Cd, new engine from Toyota at 70k, new radiator, new brakes, new struts, new battery. this car needs nothing. 125k 1 owner 4 cyl engine excellent gas millage $5500.

Should i take this deal and are Camrys good reliable cars

Yes Camrys are good reliable cars, probably one of the most reliable. However, that doesn't mean the one you are looking at is.
I'd think twice about this. A engine should not have to be replaced at 70k :nono:, nor should a radiator.

The car might have some front end damage you can't see. Id get the car looked at by someone, perhaps a dealer, I believe they do inspections. Maybe a mechanic you know? At least Carfax it (carfax.com).

Ask the guy/gal why the motor had to be replaced. The engine in that car sometimes, in very rare cases, has been known to have sludge problems. If that is what happened to the old motor, and Toyota did the work to replace it, than it isn't so bad. If it was replaced for another reason, i'd think three times.

Mrjud
01-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks alot feejay. I did ask the guy about the motor being replace and it was due to the oil plug not being tighten after they took it to have an oil change. they have the paper work on it. Toyota put a brand new motor in it for them. the car was brand new when they purchased it. Everything else checked out ok with carfax and all. It has never been wrecked. They were the only owners and maintained it well.

Add your comment to this topic!