Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 blazer tranny trouble

siverado90
01-08-2007, 06:23 PM
i have a 1997 blazer 4x4 that starts off in 1st just find but when it goes to shift into second it slippes its like second isnt even there so i was wondering what might be wrong i know theres a lot of electrical stuff on these trannys now days im used to the old ones. its full on fluid and looks good so im baffled. thanks in advance for any help ive got a feeling that its more than likely gone.:banghead:

MT-2500
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
i have a 1997 blazer 4x4 that starts off in 1st just find but when it goes to shift into second it slippes its like second isnt even there so i was wondering what might be wrong i know theres a lot of electrical stuff on these trannys now days im used to the old ones. its full on fluid and looks good so im baffled. thanks in advance for any help ive got a feeling that its more than likely gone.:banghead:

First step would be to check for codes and post back any code no.
Can you get it to take 3 or 4 gears?

siverado90
01-08-2007, 06:42 PM
no codes no it wont go into 3rd or 4th i do know it had always shifted kinda hard into 2nd but i had two other blazers that did the same so i dont know if it has anything to do with it or not thanks for the reply

MT-2500
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
no codes no it wont go into 3rd or 4th i do know it had always shifted kinda hard into 2nd but i had two other blazers that did the same so i dont know if it has anything to do with it or not thanks for the reply

I would get it on a engine/transmission capable scanner and see if it shows and thing in transmission data read out.
Watch for a and b solenoid switching and speed sensor data.
It should be setting a code if pcm/VCM/tcm is working.
If reverse is also gone you could have striped out gears on sun shell.
Also drop the transmission pan and look in there.
Good Luck MT

Add your comment to this topic!