A big project...

jcsaleen
01-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Ok, It's been about 4 or 5 months since the accident. I brought the car to a body shop an they told me 5-7k to fix assuming they get all the parts. I was going to buy a whole MB front clip with an engine perfect condition an convert my FD to Rhd since the front clip is rhd. Part 2 my neighbor offered me his 1st gen as a DD for 200$ but it doesn't run... If I bought the front clip I'd have 2 13B-rews could I drop one in an FB? If so how much would the FB be worth?

So the goal is fix the FD an make it RHD an in the process make an 13B-rew FB!

ghostrx7
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
good luck with that, i think the rhd converion should run around 15 grand, and the fb would be much cheaper, but still pricey and time consuming. you still dont know exactly why the fb isnt running, and you should check that out first. i bet the fb would be worth about how much you put into it, probably nothing more. it would be quite a prize piece when youre done tho.....

jcsaleen
01-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Well the front clip is already RHD an comes with all the interior panels as well as guages.

The FB needs a rebuild but since I'll have 2 13B-rews I figured just drop on in the FB. I'd do the conversion my self with the aid of some of my Rx buddies as well.

ghostrx7
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
well, the problem is getting your car to accept the rhd steering column etc. it may not be as difficult as i imagine, but nothing is ever easy, if it was, itd probably have a rhd fc3s! ive seen the fb's with the 13bt, but they have stand alone computers, which cost a grand minimum, and im sure they had other mods they had to do. i wish ya luck, and id love to see both finished. id go on to teamfc3s.org and ask them for advice. it is a 2nd gen specific, but they have the most knowledgable rx7 people i know on there. a few have 20bt's. check em out!

jcsaleen
01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Ya that's what I was worried about. The steering column would be a bitch. I just don't want to drop the JDM motor in my seven even though that would make things alot easier. It's just the fact I want to keep my original motor :(

ghostrx7
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
i would just stay stock as boring as that sounds. u dont want to open up a can of worms that you may not be able to close. is your motor good? i dont know the specifics of the damage on your ride.... id say get an estimate, get the check(if ins is paying) and buy aftermarket stuff instead. you could get bodykits for probably cheaper then stock stuff... if you do need a rebuild, atkins rotary sells our engines with a warranty. i think i got mine ported with 3mm seals. they say it could handle 45 lbs of boost!($2600.00)

jcsaleen
01-08-2007, 08:39 PM
i would just stay stock as boring as that sounds. u dont want to open up a can of worms that you may not be able to close. is your motor good? i dont know the specifics of the damage on your ride.... id say get an estimate, get the check(if ins is paying) and buy aftermarket stuff instead. you could get bodykits for probably cheaper then stock stuff... if you do need a rebuild, atkins rotary sells our engines with a warranty. i think i got mine ported with 3mm seals. they say it could handle 45 lbs of boost!($2600.00)

Haha you think for 5 months an didn't get anything lol...

My new stuff to replace all my stock.
New 2001 oem 93 spec MB bumper
New rear bumper (Vr)
Koyo replaced the stock
New fenders
New Re amemiya N1 hood replaced stock
New headlights Still flip ~ I have extra motors (15$ a pop fs)
New Jdm fogs
My engine is fine it has 47K original miles an I put in a light weight battery in before the accident the battery didn't hit engine but it did crack a pulley.

The engine turns over but doesn't ignite ~ It's def fuel delievery.

ghostrx7
01-09-2007, 09:25 AM
nice, good luck. your not going with the 99 spec ft end? the mazdaspeed ft end is the best in my opinion. nice kit for sure.

jcsaleen
01-09-2007, 12:09 PM
nice, good luck. your not going with the 99 spec ft end? the mazdaspeed ft end is the best in my opinion. nice kit for sure.

I would lol but the 99 spec is always 300+ an then pain't + I'm just not a fan of the 99.

The mazda speed is nice but I wan't more of a subtle look an plus those damn turn signals for the mazdaspeed are outragious $. The knock off kit is like 250 but the lights are like another 250-300.

ghostrx7
01-09-2007, 05:30 PM
its worth it in my opinion, they look awesome. i am even considering the 99 spec mazdaspeed ft end for my fc, they make it at rotary extreme. i just dont think the mazdaspeed kit with those lights would match the rest of the car.... ive seen one fc with it and i gotta admit, it was a sight to see, but he also had a widebody kit to go with it. im not sure how much you know or are into the fc's, but being a rx7 lover you must at least like them. check out these at mariahmotorsports.com. one of the sickest bodykits for an fc ive ever seen...... also, i gotta get pics from my friend, hes got a fd with about 70k into it. u could find it on cardomain, http://www.cardomain.com/id/driftingto4z7
maybe u could get some ideas.....

jcsaleen
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Well that mb seven looks awsome but still I like the stock look but with more performance. All I want is my lip an the hood, kouki turns an autoexe sideskirts an diffuser.

ghostrx7
01-09-2007, 08:44 PM
i know what you mean, im not sure where im going with mine, but i like the diffuser alot. im thinkin maybe just that alone. im getting it painted soon, and i want some volk winning gold rims real bad. all in good time. this car drains my wallet, i already am like 8-9 grand into this one and thats just the beginning of the performance shit i want.....

jcsaleen
01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Yea man...

I want white TE37's staggered with 10.5 in the back 8.5 front with nice 40 offset all around. 3500 with tires... :banghead:

ghostrx7
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
http://www.monstertuners.com/catalog/manufacturers.php?manufacturers_id=115
check this site out for the rims..

jcsaleen
01-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow...

Very good prices I'll get my fronts from them but they don't have 10.5+ for my rear. I want 13's but I don't think thye make TE's that big.

ghostrx7
01-10-2007, 11:48 AM
ya, im definately getting a 2.5-3 inch lip in the rear, makes our cars look sick!

drftk1d
01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
those rims are alot

Minnionator
02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
err swapping a 13b rew into anything other than a FD is more work than its worth. easiest would be to sell off your shit and look for a 13b out of a GSLSE and try to turbo that- or try and emmulate a S5 turbo setup from a T2 FC. remember kids- the newer the rx7, the more work it is.

drftk1d
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't convert to RHD.

metalhead140
03-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Swapping the 13brew into the first gen rx7 will be relatively simple, but the stock twin turbos probably won't fit. All you need to do to swap the engine in is to swap the front cover of the engine with the one from the stock fb motor. Then it will bolt in. Gearbox mount will probably need some work, but shouldn't be too difficult. If the turbos fit (again, I doubt it) you could use the standard rx7 computer, but personally I'd recomend just going to an aftermarket one. Once you have the engine in the car you'll have to sort out wiring and a fuel system (converting from carby to injected) but it's really not difficult stuff. First gen (fb) rx7s go awesome with a 13b turbo in them too ;)

Add your comment to this topic!