Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sell me some door lock actuators anyone?

spayordie
01-07-2007, 10:25 AM
I need several for a 95 accord wagon. At least a passenger front and passenger rear and possibly both driver side. Tailgate still works.

spayordie
01-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I need several for a 95 accord wagon, at least passenger front and back and possibly both driver's side too

Tekb0y1
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I just bought a 97 Accord and needed three out of four lock actuators. The junk yard is a great cheap place to get them. Know how to remove and install them though?

spayordie
01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
The junk yards around here are getting about $75 each. And as far as installing them, no, I don't yet know how to do it right, but I'm sure I can have a miserable experience fumbling around it with it in only 6 times the amount of time it should take. Hardest part for me is not destroying that plastic door liner, every time I go inside a door. Any tips on that or any other part of the process?

Tekb0y1
01-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Either you're guessing the price, or the junk yards are completely ripping you off. You should just need the lock motor, which costs around $50 brand new. The junk yards should charge you around $10 each if its the type of junk yard where you remove it yourself. I recommend that since it'll give you an idea of how to install it once you get home. Removing the door cover is up to you. You have to remove some screws and pull the cover off from its plastic holdings. The plastic cover is easy to remove once you get the door cover off. You pull it off from the tar holding it around the edges slowly. The reason tar is used to hold it is because its reusable to reattach it once you're done. All you do is press it back on to the tar once you're done and it will hold. There are three screws on the side of the door where it latches to the car that you have to remove in order to remove the lock motor. Work your way around the window inside the door, and you'll have it out. Hope this helps.

spayordie
01-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, yeah, the junkyards are completely ripping me off out here. They're asking $100 per. Different question: Does anyone know what years are compatible with a 95 wagon? Is it something like 94-97? And does anyone know if 4 door sedan actuators will work on a four door wagon? And finally, are the R.H. front and R.H. rear actuators different from each other, and so forth with the L.H. side?

jgr7
01-15-2007, 12:15 AM
The dealer only wants $110 for the part here in California.
Jeff

Add your comment to this topic!