Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

That annoying little beep...

LPlanert
01-05-2007, 09:45 PM
You know that annoying beeping when the door is open how is the easiest way of getting rid of that? Its dark out, and I was working on wiring my car, and I had my door open the whole time, damn it was annoying, I havenít really looked into how to get rid of it, probably something easy as pulling a fuse, but I just want to see if there is something easy before I waste my time looking for something difficult... (Or where is the damn buzzer speaker at, Ill just snip a few wires... accidentally of corse)

Dr.Mambo666
01-05-2007, 11:51 PM
The second you put in an aftermarket cd player in ur car it will go away other than that i dont know?

LPlanert
01-05-2007, 11:55 PM
The second you put in an aftermarket cd player in ur car it will go away other than that i dont know?

I got one in there, still beeps...

Just to clairify Im talkign about the beep when the drivers door is open, adn your key is in the ignition, then it beeps really fast if your lights are on.. the Ding.... Ding... Ding.... Ding.... Ding.... Ding... (see geting annoying isnt it...)

Dr.Mambo666
01-06-2007, 12:06 AM
yeah i know what beep ur talkin about and it should have gone away mine did....wierd sorry cant help ya.Good luck though.

01Cavy
01-06-2007, 01:58 PM
He has a 92 Cavy...I don't think the aftermarket deck would affect the beeping in that year model.

You could always tape the button down that the door releases when opened to create the ding...only problem with that is your interior lights won't be on either.

LPlanert
01-07-2007, 12:45 AM
He has a 92 Cavy...I don't think the aftermarket deck would affect the beeping in that year model.

You could always tape the button down that the door releases when opened to create the ding...only problem with that is your interior lights won't be on either.

Yea the aftermarkets dont effect 92's, and I had the idea about the tape, but I cant find the damn button... I know, pathetic, but Ill look more tomarrow, I was gone all day today, and th eonly chance I had to look for it was at 11 when its completly dark out...

Dr.Mambo666
01-08-2007, 10:47 PM
That would explain why the cd wouldn't work(i have a 2000)sorry i couldn't be more of a help

Lefix
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
One thing about my car that i dont like is when i turn on my head lights at night, and i shut off the engine and ready to go away from my car, there is no noise or sound or beep of any sort to tell you that your headlights are on, i almost got a dead battery one time because i forgot to turn off my headlights while going to the mall or something.......

do you guys' car have a noise or sound of some sort that makes when you open your door?

01Cavy
01-10-2007, 07:59 PM
When I had my 01 Cavalier, it did have the warning noise. My Celica does as well.

LPlanert
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
One thing about my car that i dont like is when i turn on my head lights at night, and i shut off the engine and ready to go away from my car, there is no noise or sound or beep of any sort to tell you that your headlights are on, i almost got a dead battery one time because i forgot to turn off my headlights while going to the mall or something.......

do you guys' car have a noise or sound of some sort that makes when you open your door?

Thats the Damn sound im tryign to get rid of! it beeps if the key is in the ignition, and it beeps faster if your lights are on... so to answer your question, yes it does...

tracker_66
01-11-2007, 04:13 PM
In 2nd-Gen Cavvies, the door open switch is embedded in the door handle inside the door. You'll notice (maybe, it does on my '94 but not on my friend's '91) that when the doors are locked and closed, if you lift the exterior handle, the dome light goes on. I would assume if you removed the interior door skin and found the electrical harness to the handle, you could disable the annoying beep. However, you would also disable your dome light in the process.

My best suggestion is to open the door with your key in the ignition, crawl around under the dash and look for a small black box that plugs in, usually near the fuse panel. Use your ears as a guide. On my '91 S-10 Blazer it was right above the fuse box behind the e-brake release, I would think GM would bury it on the driver side behind the dash.

Hope this helps!

Add your comment to this topic!