Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check engine light, smoke, worse gas miles, bad o2 sensor ?

Killa
01-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I roll on high way yesterday, and suddenly check engine light on, I been getting worse gas mile, and some time exhault smell very bad. And I saw smoke coming out the exhault today, I been take the car to autozone to check engine light code, they cant do it cause I got a 95, they machine only work for 96+ :banghead: , I take to car mechanice shop and almost every shop charge 50+ just to checking the fucking code. Any one had any ideal ? thanks

gthompson97
01-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Take it back to Autozone and tell them to enter it as a 96, it will still work. All 2g's have the OBDII system.

Killa
01-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Take it back to Autozone and tell them to enter it as a 96, it will still work. All 2g's have the OBDII system.

Those fucking bastard, I told them just use 96 model, cause the way i thought is 90-94 and 95-99 should be the same, I dont know any thing about OBDII LOl, the people just keep fighting with me, saying it not work ( I guess they just lazy ) I be back tomorrow.:wink: Thanks bro

gthompson97
01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah, don't even tell them it's a 95, just tell them it's a 96 from the beginning and they won't ask any questions.

Killa
01-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah, don't even tell them it's a 95, just tell them it's a 96 from the beginning and they won't ask any questions.

Thanks, I gonna go to another autozone tomorrow. But any ideal why it smoke and check engine light like that ?

gthompson97
01-05-2007, 11:41 PM
No, it could be a number of things, but the o2 sensor may have something to do with it, but don't quote me on it.

Killa
01-06-2007, 12:14 AM
No, it could be a number of things, but the o2 sensor may have something to do with it, but don't quote me on it.

Usually what o2 sensor is bad ? front or rear ? if its was o2 sensor, do I have to replace 2 front and rear ? thanks, i think its was 02 sensor cause I spend $10 on gas almost every day, riding awd is only my excuse for bad gas mile, that was i told every body.

defiancy
01-06-2007, 02:03 AM
How far do you drive a day? Because even messing around here and there on a full tank you should get about 220-260 miles.

Killa
01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I think i got betwwen 10-15 miles per galon.:frown:

l_eclipse_l
01-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Usually what o2 sensor is bad ?

If it is actually affecting performance, it will be the upstream (first) o2 sensor. I don't think the downstream (second) one really does much except make sure the cat is still there and working properly.

crunchymilk55
01-06-2007, 02:34 PM
sounds very much like a bad front 02 sensor, easy fix

scottsee
01-06-2007, 05:56 PM
How far do you drive a day? Because even messing around here and there on a full tank you should get about 220-260 miles.

I get 240 miles per tank on a simulated narowband from the rearo2 location. Before I blew up my front o2 I clocked a best of 375 miles on a tank of fuel and an average of 330-350ish last summer. 40%city/60%highway..

Killa
01-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Today I went to autozone , they pull the code, it it say something about, cooling sensort, so I told him, just clear the dam code. When I was there, im buying a A/C belt and go home change it ( cause my A/C belt is about to brake ), after put on the new belt, I take the car for test drive, half miles later I heard a POS noise coming from under the TB, I turn off the car, check the A/C belt, it fucking worm out, ( i just get a knife and cut it off ) just like the old one, I have no ideal why it did that, any one had any ideal, why it destroy my brand new A/C belt. BTW is there a way that I can check if the front o2 sensor bad ? thanks

any one ?

defiancy
01-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I get 240 miles per tank on a simulated narowband from the rearo2 location. Before I blew up my front o2 I clocked a best of 375 miles on a tank of fuel and an average of 330-350ish last summer. 40%city/60%highway..

Whoa dude.

Even when my GS-T was completely stock I never got close to that, and I drove Highway about 90% of the time.

I think the most I ever got was 300 to a tank.

l_eclipse_l
01-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Whoa dude.

Even when my GS-T was completely stock I never got close to that, and I drove Highway about 90% of the time.

I think the most I ever got was 300 to a tank.

Assuming he used about 15 gallons (you can never really get that last gallon unless you run it dry) of gas on that ~340 mile tank, that puts him around 23 mpg. Not that astounding.

defiancy
01-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Assuming he used about 15 gallons (you can never really get that last gallon unless you run it dry) of gas on that ~340 mile tank, that puts him around 23 mpg. Not that astounding.

Understandable. But I remember never really filling my GS-T up with more than 10-12 gallons at a time.

But I don't argue the facts, I believe it's realistic.

Talon69
01-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Understandable. But I remember never really filling my GS-T up with more than 10-12 gallons at a time.

But I don't argue the facts, I believe it's realistic.

if you drive it long enough when the needle is on empty you can put about 15 gallons in it. When the needle reads empty there is like 4 gallons left.

But im sure you allreay know this theory

Killa
01-07-2007, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Killa]Today I went to autozone , they pull the code, it it say something about, cooling sensort, so I told him, just clear the dam code. When I was there, im buying a A/C belt and go home change it ( cause my A/C belt is about to brake ), after put on the new belt, I take the car for test drive, half miles later I heard a POS noise coming from under the TB, I turn off the car, check the A/C belt, it fucking worm out, ( i just get a knife and cut it off ) just like the old one, I have no ideal why it did that, any one had any ideal, why it destroy my brand new A/C belt. BTW is there a way that I can check if the front o2 sensor bad ? thanks

any one ?

gthompson97
01-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Has it been throwing belts lately? A belt will shred if the pulley's are out of alignment, or if a pulley locked up. It's possible that your AC compressor pulley locked up. Does the AC work? Try get under the car and turn the AC pulley and see if you can turn it, if not, you need a new one.

Killa
01-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Has it been throwing belts lately? A belt will shred if the pulley's are out of alignment, or if a pulley locked up. It's possible that your AC compressor pulley locked up. Does the AC work? Try get under the car and turn the AC pulley and see if you can turn it, if not, you need a new one.

I been use the A/C ( when my windshield foggy only ) with bad belt for 2 month now, how do I know if the pulley is out of alignment ? how do I check that ? thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!