Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Paint Question...

giordano
09-23-2002, 10:38 AM
is the tamiya "racing white" the same as the yellowish white found on a 2nd gen integra type-R?

freakray
09-23-2002, 11:33 AM
I would say no, racing white is a pretty clean white color. If it is a yellowish white you want, it sounds more like a cream color you want there.

Ray

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Tamiya Racing White is an off-white, almost beige color used on a Honda F1 car in the 60's. It's nowhere near a pure white. Most people are quite unhappy when they discover this color really isn't white. The cap color is VERY misleading.

I can't imagine any Integra R painted in beige. Pure white, mixed perhaps 80% with 20% racing white, then airbrushed, may be a much closer match.

freakray
09-23-2002, 11:47 AM
I musta had a defective can of that there racing white then, it looked pretty white to me, although different to the pure white I have, and I ain't color blind either, so that's not it.

lotus_man
09-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Started painting an XJR9-LM with Racing white, and it's not very pure, kinda creamy. Put some thing sprayed pure white next to it and see what happens. The lid makes it look totally white... still I should no better by now and try it on some thing gash first!

giordano
09-24-2002, 12:28 PM
thanx guys for your comments. well, all i know is that honda offered the typeR in two shades of white (north american market) the cream and the pure white one. the cream is rarely opt for, but imo it suits that car better that the pure. now i know what to use for my next project. nwayz thanx again.:D

Jay!
09-24-2002, 02:42 PM
Racing white matches the Honda F1 color, and is also asked for as a match to Honda's Championship White, though folks that are intimately familiar with Championship White (i.e. they own an ITR), say that Racing white is too cream/yellow to be a perfect match.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53671]tamiya racing white = honda championship white?

Walter (wkma7six) got pretty close, I think, on his LA-DC5 ITR:
Fujimi Integra (RSX) Type R (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65413)
(doesn't say whether he used Pure white or Racing white, though! :o)

giordano
09-24-2002, 04:32 PM
sir jay,

thanx for that too, really helpful.:D

Add your comment to this topic!