Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The Wh***

Burnerdominator
01-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Im pisssed of ive been saving money to turbo my talon or buy the conquest i found. Anyway it being winter im driving the Avenger to keep the talon healthy. So i stop at a gas station in the Avenger to get a pop turn it off go in and come back out and start it up. It grinds more then dance club. So we turn it off then turn it back on it does it again.
Turns out the POS flywheel or starter is going out so i either have to sell it for cheaper then i thought i would have to or fix it which could be alot.

So does anyone know how much a new flywheel for a V6 avenger might cost?

EDIT A mod want to move this to problems thread im angry so i posted in the wrong part

Blackcrow64
01-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Moved... :wink:

gthompson97
01-04-2007, 05:07 AM
I don't think the cost of the flywheel is the problem, it's fixing it, which entails either tearing out the tranny or motor. You'd be lucky if it was the starter though. What exactly was it doing? Was it turning over or just grinding and not wanting to start?

Burnerdominator
01-05-2007, 12:00 AM
It was turning over just fine but it grinded so hard. Im not worried to much about the motor or trans getting ripped out my mechanic gives me a discount as long as i always come to him. Im more worried about the flywheel being high priced.

Anyone know what the flywheel would run?

gthompson97
01-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Call up the nearest Dodge/Chrysler dealer and ask, or shop around on ebay, they're usually not too bad.

Burnerdominator
01-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Alrighty then thanks youve been a great help.

Stealthee
01-07-2007, 10:30 AM
V6 Avengers dont have flywheels. They have flexplates.;) They run anywhere from $32 to $70 at Advance Auto.

Add your comment to this topic!