Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Silverado headlight problem

diractinc
01-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I have a 1994 Silverado 2500 6.5L diesal and I am having trouble with my driving lights. When I start the truck my running lights go on and I am able to use my park lights, but I can't use my driving lights (high or low beams). In fact some times when I try to turn on the driving lights the running lights will quit. I was thinking that this may be able to be fixed by changing the DRL light relay, but I don't know where this is and I have too little experience with electrical problems to really know if this is a good guess. Any help with this problem would be appriciated.

It is also stinkin cold here (don't go to canada in the winter) and both the driving and running lights don't seem to work well when it is below -15 C (~5 F).

777stickman
01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't know about your '94 but the on my '98 Sub only the low beams go thru the DRL relay which is located in the "convenience center" bottom center position. The "CC" is just forward of the park brake pedal on the inside firewall.

Just from your post I would suspect the light switch or the "multifunction switch". Also make sure your battery and ground connections are good and clean......Steve

diractinc
01-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks stickman, I changed the switch and it corrected the problem

777stickman
01-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Good job and thanks for posting back..........Steve

Add your comment to this topic!