Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

subaru WRC cars

XrunnerSWB
01-03-2007, 02:58 AM
what is the difference in all the different WRC cars? i understand some are lifted and everything, but bodywork is the same correct?

i ask because i cant find the 03 STI model that i want and im wondering if i can use the WRC car and just lower it without having to modify a lot of other things?

hirofkd
01-03-2007, 01:11 PM
The bodyworks are basically the same. You can modify Tamiya's 04 Rally Japan or 05 Monte Carlo into the 03 version. The 04 is gravel, and 05 is tarmac. If you are talking about the street WRX, Fujimi makes a so-so kit. The WRC racers are wider than the street Impreza.

XrunnerSWB
01-03-2007, 04:13 PM
when say wider do you mean just the fenders are bigger? would that just make it easier to aftermarket wheels on it? i want to put some different wheels on it i just cant decide which model to buy. do they all have engines?

freakray
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
None of them have engines.

The Tamiya WRC Impreza's are significantly wider than the Fujimi Impreza, in an almost disproportionate way.
You can combine the Tamiya bugeye WRX with the later WRC Impreza kit to make an excellent overall kit though if that is your goal.

blubaja
01-03-2007, 08:14 PM
There's not much difference in them. Well, assuming you mean the 03-05 body styles?
None have engines. None build into a street acceptable car. They might be road legal, but is not at all the same as a regular STi. Are you saying you are trying to make an 03 WRC WRX? Or do you intend to make a stock production STi?

Revell has a diecast kit WRX. IT has an engine. But the body looks all fubared.
Or, what exactly are you talking about?

XrunnerSWB
01-04-2007, 07:44 AM
i want a stock sti. complete street car, i dont like the WRC cars very much and would prefer the not so wide bodyish fenders. i like the bugeye body, but i prefer the 04-05 USA version

hirofkd
01-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Fujimi makes three 03 WRX kits: the stock, the STi and the Spec-C. They're all JDM with RHD dashboard, so you might want Revell's LHD dashboard.

Add your comment to this topic!