Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Painting a midrange\speaker

Cyprus106
09-22-2002, 10:27 PM
I just built a fiberglass kickpanel and it's got room for my 6.5" midrange and my tweeter. The kickpanel doesnt cover the speakers, though. There's only like a bar covering it.
I was going to buy som Rockford Fosgate speakers and put them in there so that they looked pretty and not that embarassing stock nasty grey\gold thing but I kinda ran out of money in the fiberglass.

I'm wondering if it's possible to just straight paint the speaker. I figure I can at least make it black, and not the glittery brown\gray it is now. That'll at least tide me over for a month or so until I can afford the speakers.

Thanks!

b16a3sol
09-23-2002, 12:22 AM
i cant see any problems with it, as long as you only paint the cone. someone might get on here and say that its going to make the cone heavier, making it so that it loses some responsiveness or something, but that seems unlikely. just make sure that its a smooth surface, like the cone is now, and nothing should change.

PaulD
09-23-2002, 07:14 PM
they are speakers you are gonna throw away anyway .... I wouldn't too much about it - just don't soak the cone in paint or get any in the voice coil.

Add your comment to this topic!