Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

86 burb problems

grimdemocu
12-31-2006, 01:26 AM
hello i have a 1986 Gmc K2500 Starcraft "ducks unlimited" suburban and i am having a few issues. 1. a good 80% of the time i turn the truck off it diesel's and the shoot all the fuel out of the fuel bowls. i have replaced the carb removed the egr system done a tune up plugs wires rotor cap vacume lines and it still does it. now in the haynes manual i have it says to check the map sensor but i can't find it. it also says a differential sensor which looks just like the Map senors should be there but i can not find eather one of them. any thoughts would be help full. 2. the tranny shift to soon around 1500 for every gear. now if i "gun it" then the engine will get to about 2100 then shift any ideas?

maxwedge
12-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome to AF, what engine here ? Does it have an anti diesel solenoid on the carb? Trans has tv cable adjustment?, sounds like you could use some local pro to help you with this.

grimdemocu
01-01-2007, 11:48 AM
well it has the elec choke and thats about it. im sure i need to take the tranny into a shop but i hate doing that. i would rather fix it myself.
oh and it has the 350 small block

maxwedge
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Dieseling is caused by advanced timing, engine running to hot and/or high idle, the trans shift points can be adjusted from the tv cable on the carb linkage.

Add your comment to this topic!