Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
04 Tribute Electrical
12-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Light in the PRND21 won't turn on, burnt out I guess
LCD in Radio Display only show when preasure is applied to the display
Sunroof switch is iffy and only works with some patience
01-07-2007, 11:26 PM
1. maybe the bulb is out...on the prndl...
2. LCDs sometime go out in "cold" weather....wait til it warms up....
3. don't know 'bout the S'roof switch....i would spray silicone or air into it...
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I would not spray silicon into an electrical switch. There is specific spray made for electrical contacts that would be more appropriate. The silicon spray could be appropriate if the window mechanism appears to be binding a bit.
My experience here in Maryland with the LCD displays and moderately cold weather (20 deg F) has been one of no problems. If pressing the display appears to clear up your problem then you have a connection problem and not a temp problem with the display itself.
Is your 2004 still under warranty? If so, then bring it in.
My 2002 has an LCD for the gear indicator. Is the backlighting for these guys really a bulb or is it a part of the LCD display? I would it consider a problem with the display or a connection issue, not a bulb.
01-09-2007, 10:13 AM
1. On the prdnl....is it floor shift or column shift?
2. Tom is probably right on with the radio...but you can let us know what you find
3. Sunroof probably has a bad switch.
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2013