Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What should I do?

Rail-2008
12-30-2006, 02:03 AM
I have this 92 mitsubushi GSX that I bought cheep from a friend because I herd there fast and I have always liked that body style. It needs alot of work so I want to full out build this car but I dont know if i should go with a newer eclipse. Should I sell it and Get the faster 95 eclipse? I have looked up alot and from what i got out of it the 95 has a diffrent block/crank which gives it 210 hp unsted of my 190 stock. I also was told that my car is lighter, it that true? I love this car but dont know what to do with it.

Thor06
12-30-2006, 02:45 AM
Wow dude. You need to do some research. Sit down and have a few good, hard reads before you even pop the hood of that car. Especially if you are doing a "full build" on the car, stock HP doesnt mean jack shit and if you do a bit of reading you will find that 95 up engine is far inferior to the 90-most 92 engine. Whether you keep it or sell it is up to you, but I would tell you to keep the car.

Also, please read the rules linked in my sig and post in the right spots.

steviek
12-30-2006, 12:19 PM
The fastest dsm's are 1g's (exception Rau) because they are simply lighter. They also have better engines (6 bolts v 7 bolts which crankwalk). They come with bigger turbo's and TB and heads. So before you do anything with that car you gotta decide what it is you want from that car (how much HP/track times). Obviously the more you want the more it will cost and depending on your budget buying the 2g will probably result in just upping your initial costs without anything done to your car.
Basically for the price of a stock 1g and pretty good mods getting you into 12/13's easy will be the starting cost of a 2g.
Edit but 2g's are so much sexier...sorry thor :)

Rail-2008
12-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Well its way good to know that because I have look at some stuff and all they have said is that the 95's are faster. Which isent true thanks. The Car Dosent curently run but I have drove it and it had some umpf for shure for potenchel. but also I have another question my boost gage might be off because how much vacume should it pull at an idle? And what does my car boost up to when everything is stock? Because it was pulling about 3lb- then boosting way past 14lbs before 5000 rpms it was werd but everything is still stock on the car becids the valves and rocker arms. I will keep the car and let u guys know when it comes alive agin. That will happin this summer with only a few mods... Thanks agin

gthompson97
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Dude, no offense, but we have spell check for a reason and it would make it much easier to read your posts if you used that. Welcome to AF too.

What you need to do before lifting a single wrench on that car is read up on some of the stickies, get a Chiltons/Haynes repair manual, and figure out exactly what you want out of the car. A quick street car, a monster street car, sleeper, or a track beast. Each one will take different parts and will cost either more or less, depending on what you want. You need to get the car running and give it a good tune up before you start throwing on all these aftermarket parts. :2cents:

l_eclipse_l
12-30-2006, 10:48 PM
but also I have another question my boost gage might be off because how much vacume should it pull at an idle? And what does my car boost up to when everything is stock? Because it was pulling about 3lb- then boosting way past 14lbs before 5000 rpms it was werd but everything is still stock on the car becids the valves and rocker arms.

You have learned one of the first rules of the turbo DSM...get an aftermarket boost guage. The stock ones are not accurate at all.

Rail-2008
01-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Dude, no offense, but we have spell check for a reason and it would make it much easier to read your posts if you used that. Welcome to AF too.
What you need to do before lifting a single wrench on that car is read up on some of the stickies, get a Chiltons/Haynes repair manual, and figure out exactly what you want out of the car. A quick street car, a monster street car, sleeper, or a track beast. Each one will take different parts and will cost either more or less, depending on what you want. You need to get the car running and give it a good tune up before you start throwing on all these aftermarket parts. :2cents: Ya u know what Did you ever think that I go thought to much shit in a day tho check my spelling, that is the least of my consers. Wupt de Fucking do ass hole.

Blackcrow64
01-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Ya u know what Did you ever think that I go thought to much shit in a day tho check my spelling, that is the least of my consers. Wupt de Fucking do ass hole.
I will not tolerate your bullshit. I expect decent spelling and grammar from all of my members. Go pick up a book and do some learning on your own first. Once you have done this and can post properly without attacking other members for trying to help, then we will help you some more...

Locked...

Add your comment to this topic!