Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Blazer 4.3 Error Code 43 Help

jdrobbins
12-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I have a 93 Blazer 4wd with a 4.3 vortec that has the service engine light on. I read it with my code reader and got a

code 43 Electronic Spark Control Failure

Does anyone know what this is or where I should start?

Thanks

jsgold
12-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Code 43 shows in my 93 service manual as a knock sensor error. I have never worked on these(you have two of them) so I am unable to advise much but appears you will have to check the circuit for broken ground etc. and possibly replace both units. Maybe others can advise further on this as I simply have not dealt with it. The first one is located behind the passenger side head, might be a pain to deal with, and the other is under the driver side head, about midway. They are connected together by a wire. Might want to invest in a Haynes manual, or, again a lot of these folks are superior mechanics so you might get further advice to help you out.

Chris Stewart
12-29-2006, 01:49 PM
The Knock Sensor connector on my '92 was so fragile it broke all to pieces when I bumped it with my spark plug socket on a plug change.
To fix, I removed the broken connector pieces, used 1" a very small diameter piece of vacuum hose to hold the wire stub then a 1" piece of bigger dia. vac. hose to hold the previous mentenioned pieces inside a 3rd larger piece that fits the sensor itself...been working fine a few years now.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/Clunk_/Image012.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!