trany question

street_rated
12-28-2006, 11:45 AM
ok i have a friend that has a sibring (however u spell it) its a v6 and i have a I4 avenger he said that the trans would fit from my avenger to his sibring is that true??? he wanted me to find out for sure ........ all i know about v6's is that they only come in auto for avengers and im sure its the same for a sibring ......... if it wont work what other kinda car could he get a trany for his sibring ?????

cardboardpimp420
12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
it would fit but say you use the tranny out of an i4, you will have to use an i4 engine. but yes it would work...now if your looking to actually do this swap i must say that i put a sebring motor in my avenger and im still yet to get it to run. im not really understanding why cause it is the same engine. now if you put the i4 in a car that was meant to run with the v6 you are going to have to get the i4 computer, wiring harness, and make dang sure all the sensors.

cardboardpimp420
12-28-2006, 12:33 PM
oh and the mounting is going to be different so be sure to get all of the mounts. you might even have to go to the junk yard and get the mounts out of an i4 sebring

street_rated
12-28-2006, 04:21 PM
so the I4 avenger tranny will work with a v6 sibring motor???? he just has to change out the mounts??????

cardboardpimp420
12-28-2006, 04:58 PM
no the i4 tranny has to be used with the i4 motor

Nitrouscavi
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
i have a trans for a v6 the was just overhauld and then i wrecked my car..... soo if your looking for a new trans i have one sitting with EXTREMELY low miles its been in a climate control garage eversince my accident a few months ago... im selling it for 600 which is a steal... im tryn to part out everythign i have for the avenger to fund a new bike project... i also have a viper hood which i paid 600 for an avenger and im letting go for 250... let me know if any of this catches your interest.. my names josh my number is 815-871-4445 and my AOL screen name is Joshie123321 thanks

Add your comment to this topic!