Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Will this work?

LewisDubya
12-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

This probably sounds like a dumb newb question, buuuut... if I want to spray a car's interior with Tamiya TS (TS-11 Maroon) is there anyway I could get the finished result to come out flat(matt)? For example, if I sprayed only mist coats, could that generate enough orange peel for the interior to look like it was flat/matt?

Thanks,
Lewis

freakray
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Why not just buy a flat clear coat?

LUKE'57
12-27-2006, 08:16 PM
If you are airbrushing it, try mixing a little talcum powder with the paint. It works with brush paint to make it turn out flat. Otherwise that flat or semigloss clear coat is the way to go.

ZoomZoomMX-5
12-27-2006, 09:21 PM
I use flat or semigloss clear over gloss colors frequently in car interiors. Testors Dullcote airbrushed is my usual choice, but Testors Acryl flat or semigloss clear also airbrushes nicely. Gunze Mr. Topcote works well too. Mist coating gloss never looks quite right, it's always too shiny.

willimo
12-27-2006, 10:57 PM
If you don't have an airbrush, Testors Dullcote in the spray bomb works quite well, too. And it's one of their easier sprays to control.

LewisDubya
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
If you don't have an airbrush, Testors Dullcote in the spray bomb works quite well, too. And it's one of their easier sprays to control.

Nice! I'll try that; thanks for all the other input, everyone!

Add your comment to this topic!