Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Accord v6 D4 gear light problem

dsswonderman
12-26-2006, 11:22 PM
My Accord D4 light was disappear for a week now, It drives ok but the background light disappeared, all the rest P, R, N,..., D2, D1 are still with the lights on when shifted.
What is the problem ? Is it Transmission ? if so then why It is still driving smooth in gear changes ? the car now is at 104xxx miles.
Same thing happened with my other car 1999 Odyssey Van ( 105xxx miles )
Did not bring to the dealer yet
I need help, please

Thanks in advance

DssWonderman

00accord44
12-27-2006, 02:27 AM
probably just the bulb behind it. i'm 99.9% sure each indicator (P, D1234, R) has its own bulb. Its really small and kind of a pain to pull out, but nothing complicated.

is this in the floor shifter or the guage cluster? either way, you can check out ledautomotive.com (http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderInfo/98-02Accord/index.asp) if you wanna upgrade your lighting or if you just wanna see how to get to the bulbs in general. You should be able to buy replacement bulbs at autozone if you wanna stick to the oem look

dsswonderman
12-29-2006, 01:44 AM
probably just the bulb behind it. i'm 99.9% sure each indicator (P, D1234, R) has its own bulb. Its really small and kind of a pain to pull out, but nothing complicated.

is this in the floor shifter or the guage cluster? either way, you can check out ledautomotive.com (http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderInfo/98-02Accord/index.asp) if you wanna upgrade your lighting or if you just wanna see how to get to the bulbs in general. You should be able to buy replacement bulbs at autozone if you wanna stick to the oem look

It is in the guage cluster, I mean on the dash board right in front of one's eyes. I took both cars to a friend mechanic, he also confirm that the bulbs behind em.
One thing funny is: It happened to both vehicles at very much at the same mileages (104xxx and 105xxx miles ), Is that a common fault of this series of design of Honda.
May be I will try to get to open out the dash board panel then look from behind it. Like I said the gear is running smooth.
Any one had this problem at the mileage as above ?
Thanks much for the reply.

:smokin:

somick
12-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Any one had this problem at the mileage as above ?
Thanks much for the reply.

In my son's 95 LX all illumination lights still work fine. On the other hand in my 99 LX with only 70,000 miles I have had to replace a clock bulb already.

Sam

00accord44
12-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I replaced the clock bulb on my 2000 at about 60-70k. One of the lights in my dads guages went out at around 100k, he has a 2001.

If you wanna take out the guage bulbs yourself (which I reccommend) just follow the same steps in this install guide (http://www.ledautomotive.com/HowToGuides/98-02Accord/V6GaugeClusterHowTo.asp) to get to them. The bulb itself is a pain to pull out cause its so small. My big ass fingers have a hard time getting a good grip. I usually end up using needle nose pliers and trying to apply quick pressure to yank it out (kinda tricky). Or if you wanna do it the simpler (but more destructive) way, just bust the bulb with the pliers and then use them to remove the bulb base by its filament. Of course be careful to watch yourself when busting the glass.

Add your comment to this topic!