Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My friend car, dont event tell me to go honda forum.

Killa
12-26-2006, 01:30 AM
I was at my friend house today for christmas dinner, he told me his car keep shutting off . So I went out and check for him, I turn it on, the engine is weak, i back the car or try to drive it, it turn off. Any one know any ideal, its 1999 honda civic dx auto, with 208k miles, I check the spark plug and wire, and distributor, it look very old, timing belt never change, all the tune up I think they never did. I try to take the timing belt cover off to check the timing belt, cause I think the belt is slip ( 200k miles with only 1 timing belt, Its imposible for that engine to survice, i guess its a honda ). His dad was bitching at me WTF, I try to help his son to find the problem, he explaint for me the car, look like he knew car more then me, he dont even know how to change oil, he explaint for me look like he just knew how to drive bicycle, the way he say dont make any sense at all, like he told me, never have to check timing belt, wait until it make a loud cling cling noise then it time to change, I told him when you heard that cling cling sound, push that POS down the clip, ( I was piss cause its was 1am and its cold ass hell out side, I just try to help ) after I say that I walk away and drive the car home, but I still want to help my friend out. Any one have any ideal, if need more info about the car let me know. ty

gthompson97
12-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Tell them to give it a tune up. Air filter and plugs to at least start. Does the engine stumble and have a hard time idling? If so it may be the MAS sensor could be causing some problems if a tune-up doesn't help.

Thor06
12-26-2006, 04:53 AM
I would check compression. An engine that old could just be worn down. Yeah, yeah, its a Honda and they can go for ever, but damn if they didnt even do a fucking timing belt change in 208k, it just makes my head hurt to think of all the skipped maintainance that poor car has probably had to deal with. My guess, the shit is just dead.

wanaplay134
12-26-2006, 09:11 AM
yea it definetly sounds like that shit is dead, i dont care what kind of car you own if you dont take care of it, its not going to last very long.

he can get a engine for that for like 400 bucks anway they are a dime a dozen

Killa
12-26-2006, 10:14 AM
some time the engine start, but it idle very weak, some time its just die.

Add your comment to this topic!